Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Best place for basic baby clothes (vests, bodysuits etc)

(52 Posts)
minipie Tue 09-Oct-12 18:00:58

Hoping for some advice from those with DC already! I'm looking to buy some basic multipack bodysuits, sleepsuits and vests for DC1 due in early december. I'd prefer cotton in white or plain colours rather than anything fancy.

There are loads of places that sell them and the prices seem to range a lot, I expect the quality does too! Have you found anywhere where the basics are soft and wash well but don't cost an arm and a leg?

I have heard good things about M&S, and Gap stuff seems to last reasonably well judging by charity shop purchases - but Gap is ££! Primark is cheap but don't know how it lasts?

Thanks

SJ47 Wed 10-Oct-12 21:25:07

Agree with what most folks have said. Also want to recommend Matalan. I have sleeveless vests from there that are plain white, pack of 5 and they are so, so soft. They don't have envelope necks either which I like as I find envelope necks tend to stretch over time and then gape terribly, giving baby an 'off the shoulder' look! The sleeveless ones provide a much smoother line! grin

I also have their cellular blankets, which are now on DD2. They are much softer than the John Lewis cellular blankets which are the same age.

mamij Wed 10-Oct-12 21:28:56

I got John Lewis for DD1 and used them again for DD2. They washed well and didn't lose their shape. They also stayed lovely and soft! DD2 have now grown out of them, but still plenty of wear in them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now