Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

SO Hungry!

(16 Posts)
emmyloo2 Tue 09-Oct-12 05:19:43

I am 7+2 and am exactly the same. I was the same with my first though. It eases off at around 12 weeks and then I found I actually ate less than pre-pregnancy. I gained weight almost immediately with the first but with this one I haven't gained any yet. I expect I will though if I keep eating so much.

I found drinking lots of lots of cold water really helps. I guzzle the stuff. It helped me with number 1 as well.

I actually feel completely and utterly rubbish and am counting down until 12 weeks when hopefully it will ease and I will feel normal again.

kittencuddles Mon 08-Oct-12 19:31:06

Thanks ladies! Glad I'm not the only one. I'm a teacher and today I had to keep popping into my cupboard to snack!!

Oh yes I'm constantly hungry and often eat two lunches and several snacks. I'm 20 weeks now and it hasn't calmed down. They say you eat a lot more with a boy.

SallyHill15 Mon 08-Oct-12 18:02:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

whatsoever Mon 08-Oct-12 18:00:48

I'm overdue now and the hunger never faded for me! I'm always a bit of a greedy guts but the hunger/cravings for sweet stuff especially has been like nothing I've ever known. Needless to say, I've put on 2 3/4 stone but I'm not too worried - 9 months to gain it, 9 months to lose it again.

mummy2benji Mon 08-Oct-12 17:51:23

Yes I was hungry loads in the first trimester despite the constant nausea and sickness. It eased off after that though and I've just been eating normally since - well, smaller portions at mealtimes and an extra snack to keep me going mid-morning and afternoon, but not needing to eat excessively. x

panicnotanymore Mon 08-Oct-12 13:41:43

It's normal. First trimester I got completely fed up with the constant hunger. I was hungry even when my stomach was packed to capacity and I couldn't physically eat any more. The bloating was a killer too - I was bigger at 8 weeks than 12, and it was almost entirely wind grin

I'm 20 weeks now, and it has eased up, slightly. I'm now hungry all day but it eases off in the evening, and I have to be careful to eat a light meal at night or reflux keeps me awake all night.

I wouldn't worry too much, it evens out as towards the end your stomach will be so squashed eating anything will be difficult.

DueinFeb Mon 08-Oct-12 10:27:37

My friend who has always been really tiny (size 8 or smaller) really got this when she got pregnant in the early days. She was saying to me she had never experienced hunger like it and couldn't stop eating Mcdonalds. I suspect she noticed the difference so much because she ate so little before hand. I, on the other hand, have never been tiny. I am around a size 14 and I actually found I went right off food at the start and lost weight. Now that I am 22 weeks the hunger has finally kicked in and I actually woke up in the early hours last night feeling sick to my stomach - in pain - because I felt so hungry. I think whatever you feel you should go with and not worry about smile

Pascha Mon 08-Oct-12 09:56:23

Perfectly normal, you are growing a whole second human being from scratch and your blood volume is increasing to cope. It gets better in the second trimester.

Yup and it continues! Am 38+4 and yesterday I ate FOUR breakfasts!! Urgh

Littlesurprise Mon 08-Oct-12 09:52:58

Yes! I'm 8+3, and soooo hungry, at the same time as feeling absolutely dreadful.

DP is baffled by my will to clean up after a bout of sickness and leap straight to the biscuit barrel!

ThreeWheelsGood Mon 08-Oct-12 09:13:31

Yep I was the same, make sure you keep drinking (water, tea, juice) to help fill you up. Nibble crackers/rice cakes between meals.

HaveALittleFaith Sun 07-Oct-12 21:24:26

Yes exactly the same. Feel hungry, if I leave it I get sick but when I eat I can only manage a small amount! I'm 11 weeks now and still haven't gained any weight! I just go with it and try to get some fruit and veg in!

Lerryn Sun 07-Oct-12 18:35:03

Yes, defo. I am 6 weeks and cannot stop! Luckily I seem to want lots of fruit and veg and have gone off sweet stuff. Mind you, I have a huge stomach already. General consensus is that it must be bloating, but I'm unable to get in my jeans and if I wear clothes that are too tight I look about 5 months gone! This is my first so very nervous to tell people but if I keep growing at this rate people will start guessing soon! are you feeling the same? Exercise is just too much to bear but trying to be active with short walks and housework. I found when I wanted crisps that snacking on carrot sticks is an excellent substitute.

Kelerina Sun 07-Oct-12 17:51:54

Sounds normal to me!!

kittencuddles Sun 07-Oct-12 17:16:56

I'm 7+4 and have noticed I'm really hungry all the time. Literally I finish eating and within an hour I'm starving! Can then only manage small portions before hungry again.

Is this normal? Anyone else the same?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now