Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Please help, this burping is horrible and it hurts!

(11 Posts)

Rennies help me, they take the pain away atleast.

Amnewtoallthis Sun 07-Oct-12 16:35:48

Me too - cut out wheat and dairy and it does seem to help - but still have a burney stomach - is a combo of hormones and am sure must be something to do with relaxin which does not descriminate between areas of the body! Am getting some Gaviscon tomorrow

MrsJohnDeere Sun 07-Oct-12 10:43:51

Huge sympathies but no practical advice. I've been burping all the time, particularly just after meals, for the last few weeks (but am only at 11 weeks). Didn't have this is previous pregnancies.

Orenishii Sun 07-Oct-12 08:09:38

Things like Gaviscon only treat the symptoms...your gut and oesophagus are probably inflamed, partly from pregnancy but also from eating inflammatory foods like wheats and grains. If you wanted, you could try cutting out breads, cereals and pasta for a week, try going gluten free - just to see if it helps?

I got that really awful sensation of an air bubble I couldn't swallow in the base of my throat. It was horrendous, like torture. Everything was inflamed and it only went away when I experimented with gluten free food.

NellyBluth Sun 07-Oct-12 07:47:38

Oh, I thought I was the only one who suffered this! Horrible, drunken man burps that I had to force out because I've never burped in my life but they just built up and hurt so much. Gaviscon helps with the acid side but sadly, like idle, it only stopped after I'd had the baby. Sorry that's not the reassuring advice you were looking for sad

Marmiteisyummy Sun 07-Oct-12 07:34:04

Definitely try gaviscon a few times a day (either just after meals or when not about to eat). Also mint tea really helps me.

whatsoever Sat 06-Oct-12 22:48:04

I think it's often from acid reflux. I second trying Gaviscon.

AliceHurled Sat 06-Oct-12 22:11:32

If its the acid that's bothering you, you can try gavisvon or pills. They're both free from the drs. But the burping generally I've had from 16 weeks, am now 39. I think birth is the cure grin

idlevice Sat 06-Oct-12 22:09:11

I had this throughout in both my pregnancies - tried loads of supposed remedies but it didn't stop until I was no longer pregnant, sorry!

Unicorn007 Sat 06-Oct-12 21:52:08

Interested in any advice too. Suffering the same and it's horrid!!

itsmyfirsteek Sat 06-Oct-12 21:15:37

Please, has anyone got any advice. I have not been able to stop burping for weeks and its horrible. Gets worse through the day and by evening its almost unbearable. They are big, loud and painful. I know its gross but I need some advice or tips please xxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now