Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

IVF support

(10 Posts)
Dandelion75 Sun 07-Oct-12 17:14:21

So, so sorry it hasn't worked out for you fathema - my first IVF didn't work either so I know how devastating it is. You invest so much effort and hope into it and even though you try not to get your hopes up its impossible to not dream about it working.

rogersmelly is right in my experience. Period after failed IVF was heavy, but nothing compared to the one after that which was heavy off the scale. Just telling you this so you are prepared as I had thought after the first period I would be back to normal again, which was not the case.

Give yourself plenty of time to get through this with your partner and don't rush into making any decisions about next steps. IVF is physically and emotionally exhausting and you need time to recover. Good luck to you with whatever you decide to do next x

rogersmellyonthetelly Sun 07-Oct-12 11:33:10

:0( sorry to hear that. I was so so lucky mine worked first time, in fact I think I still can't believe it's really happening and keep expecting something to go wrong.
There's no easy way to get through a failed ivf, I have a friend who had 7 rounds, she had a healthy daughter from the third round but all the others didn't take apart from the last which she miscarried at about 8 weeks. She just couldn't find the will to go on after that, and is now a happy mum of an only child, but it took her a long while to come to terms with that.
As a side note I was told that if I did get my period that it might be longer/more painful/heavier than normal, due to the fact that the additional hormones can make a thicker lining than normal, just so you are aware if it is your period that it might not be quite the same as you are used to.
Keeping fingers crossed that you have a happy outcome next round.

Fathema Sat 06-Oct-12 16:48:25

Hi ladies
I have a feeling that today I lost my babies sad
I have period like cramps and when I went to the loo the horrible bitch AF came flowing down........ sad. Just when you think that there might be hope .... Instead it flushes down the loo.... I still test on Monday but I know my body too well....

Fathema Sat 06-Oct-12 10:43:53

grin. Hahaha that's for sure!!
Ahh well I'll find out on Monday!!! Nervous
Keep me in your prayers plz...

rogersmellyonthetelly Fri 05-Oct-12 22:25:15

No such thing as tmi when pregnant!

Fathema Fri 05-Oct-12 20:31:01

I've been taking my pessary up the bum (sorry TMI)
Well the blood is now maroon to brown colour and again no cramps or pain what so ever..... And it doesn't look like period blood.... I hope it's okay... Will know by Monday God willing...

rogersmellyonthetelly Fri 05-Oct-12 18:39:25

21 weeks here after ivf. Cyclogest taken as a pessary (up your fanjo) can irritate the cervix and cause bleeding. You can take it as a suppository instead (up the bum) which is also much less messy the day after and you will know if the spotting is due to that or something else. I had a little bleeding at 11dpo (8 days after transfer) but by then I already knew I was pregnant from the home tests I was doing.
Fx it's the pessary or implantation bleeding :0)

Fathema Fri 05-Oct-12 13:43:17

Italian Bride I'm so happy to see your reply!!
I've been crying all morning..I know I shouldn't but it really hard to hold back.... I cancelled the blood test appt today because they needed a form to take my blood but deep down I'm glad it's cancelled because I didn't want to know the results.... Though I did cheat and took HPT and as expected it was negative.... But it's also early.... I test on Monday I pray that it's a BFP!!
Also congrats on your pregnancy I pray that you have an easy labor thanks

Italianbride Fri 05-Oct-12 12:12:50

I am currently 30 weeks pregnant following IVF. I also bled during my 2WW but put this down to implantation bleeding. Please don't worry, it could all be fine.

Fathema Fri 05-Oct-12 10:08:38

Hi ladies!!!!
This is my first time on here!! I hope to make Friends and find good support!!
I'm going through an emotional roller coaster ride at the moment....
My husband and I have been married for 5 years now and we TTC about 4 years ago but no luck
Went to obgyn and I was diagnosed with endometriosis
I was devasted!! Though I had a laparoscopy back in sept of 2010... After that we tried naturally but still no luck.. Then we decided to have natural IUI (3 cycles) but that too turned out to be 3 failures.... we then decided to have IVF..... It was costly but at the moment I just want my baby!!! I just had my IVF and now I'm on my 2WW.... Everything seemed fine until just 2 days ago noticed spotting, called the nurse and she told me to increase my cyclogest to 3 times a day.... Still bleeding but not heavy, very light... I don't even need a pad... And normally when I have my period I get cramps and leg pain..., but I don't have any symptoms of period!!
I decided to have a progesterone and HCG blood test today this afternoon IM SOO SCARED!!!! Please is there anyone who went through something similar??? Is it period or is it the cyclogest!!!????? HELP shock
Love,
Fathema thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now