Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

should i ring midwife?????

(29 Posts)
kirdy Thu 04-Oct-12 13:57:37

I'm 29 weeks pregnant over last weeks or so been having Braxton hicks all the time on and off which midwife says is fine but they seem to be gettin stronger everyday keep getting back ache since a couple days ago and today went toilet and when I wiped there was a clear thick stringy lump on tissue this happened twice, is that my mucus plug? Nit had discharge like this. Im.worried about preterm labour but don't want to feel like im wasting midwifes time

SoYo Mon 08-Oct-12 21:52:10

I'm a doctor on LW and I would definitely ring labour ward or antenatal day unit. If when they ask you the questions they feel they don't need to see you they'll say but at least they'll make a note of you & be aware in case you ring back. As you're prem they'll more than likely see you & it's always better safe than sorry! I always tell everyone that if they're worried enough to think about ringing then they should. No use driving yourself mad at home and if they tell you to come in & get checked then it just proves you were right to ring! We much prefer it if people come in, are fine & go home than don't come in and then there's a problem.

charlienash25 Tue 09-Oct-12 09:30:59

If your not 100% sure or comfortable with something then phone the AAU or LW at your local hospital.

In my Experience my MW was fobbing me off with any old crap when i did manage to get hold of her and this resulted in my DD being stillborn. (Not saying this will happen to you)

Just go by your own instincts. You know your body better than anyone else.

Scroobius Tue 09-Oct-12 10:05:59

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your advice and RileyLee I'm so sorry for your loss, I can't imagine going through that.
I did nip up to the ward and they checked me over; turns out I do have an infection but because I was taking mild antibs for a chest infection it was covered up or something. Anyway I've got my medicine and feel loads better already; probably just because I've been able to stop worrying! Thanks again for you advice and encouragement to 'make a fuss'. thanks

Soooo glad to hear ur ok. smile and so sorry to read about little riley-lee. Sweet dreams little one sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now