Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant after a miscarriage, as the bumps get bigger we get braver, 1st,2nd or 3rd trimester, reasurance and hand holding aplenty!

(987 Posts)

Before the first thread fills and locks a 2nd thread for us getting braver!

backward my bumps rather large this time too, I look atleast 7/8mnths not almost 6. I'm getting by with legins and long tops, and one pair of jeans I had from before. Its my birthday in just over two weeks so ill treat myself to some bits then.
It took four scans and frequent wriggling for me to brave the shops!

wl the magpies have drove me insane!! Recently I've not seen any which to be honest has been a relief!

WLmum Fri 31-Aug-12 21:27:53

The magpies have been mostly kind to me lately but were unbelievably mean in the early weeks.

My belly is also enormous and several people have made 'not long to go' type comments! I was big with dds too although they were both 7lb 12oz so not massive, actually I always loved having a big belly and think I would have felt cheated by anything else. I like to think my body is just good at giving my babies a nice comfy home.

Same here with the magpies, I wonder though if seeing one made me switch off iyswim as I was expecting the worst whereas now I usually see 2/3/4 at a time, and once 6!

I had a big bump with my big two aswell, dds was biggest and she was 7lb 6 1/2oz, but her placenta weighed more than her! Plus a ton of fluid.

gemdrop84 Sat 01-Sep-12 08:07:28

Thanks for the kick counter info state I have a big bump too compared to last time, dp told me by january I'll be massive, cheeky sod hmm but he did also say I must be making baby a lovely cosy home! I'm getting lots of kicks daily now smile I ended up buying a few vests a week ago, I'm also going to buy a little outfit after our scan on wednesday but no more! As much as I'd love to go on a shopping spree right now, I'm being sensible as we have no storage space in this flat and we will be moving into the house in middle of october. So then I can start! can't wait grin

SwanseaMum Sat 01-Sep-12 09:07:42

Hi girlies,
Have to be mega organized as my little man may very well come early (too early) am 29 weeks 6 days and already have an irritable uterus,
Bag is packed, bought cotbed and new steriliser, got all the baby clothes out and had big clean in the babies bedroom. Not that he will be in there for ages but it made me feel better.
Been in hospital the last couple days. The mw's are lovely but the consultants are awful. My consultant care has been shocking this time round. sad
Hope everything is going ok with everyone else. X

Hopeforever Sat 01-Sep-12 09:10:04

Swanseamum so sorry to hear you are in hospital and the consultant is less than friendly. How are you filling your time?

SwanseaMum Sat 01-Sep-12 09:17:25

Reading mostly. It has been nice having some quiet time. They still can't find out what is going on with my heart so they are shrugging it of my mw is not happy. Cest la vie.

hzgreen Sat 01-Sep-12 09:31:31

"SwanseaMum", so sorry to hear you're in hospital. how frustrating and upsetting to not know what's going on. consultants can be rubbish with their bedside manner but are they doing a good job of looking after you and bump?

gemdrop that's a lovely idea to buy an outfit to celebrate the scan, we go to Subway after a successful scan and have a veggie patty (which i love) but that's as exciting as it gets.

our cat is very ill with a broken leg and has been living in our bedroom for the peace and quiet but it means we can't get anything much ready for the baby. she off to the vets next week and i really hope she can leave our room then ohterwise we're in trouble - i'm 32 weeks and we've got nothing ready :/

i love having a big bump too WLmum it's the massive rest of me that i object to! i got really upset about my weight gain around 51/2 =ish months but i'm not so worried now, i think maybe i was looking for something to worry about other than the baby, something i could control if that makes sense...?

Sorry to hear your consultants being rubbish swansea I hope your getting enough rest and a solution or cause is found soon xxx

SwanseaMum Sat 01-Sep-12 13:39:33

Been sent home what a joke!!

swansea I hope someones available to look after you, your consultant needs a huge kick up the arse would it be worth contacting PALs? Hope you are ok xxx

MrsReiver Sat 01-Sep-12 15:29:02

Swansea just catching up on the thread, I'm so sorry you've been in hospital and your consultant care has been poor. I do hope you've got someone taking care of you at home.

I'm still here, 15 weeks on Monday, can't believe how quickly it's going in. Over night my boobs seem to have doubled in size - very interesting. DH isn't complaining grin

15wks, wahoo for mrs

I'm 24wks today, wriggler is now viable!!!

MrsReiver Sat 01-Sep-12 20:29:30

That's my next milestone State! My GP told me when she is pregnant she has 3 dates she aims for - 12 weeks - risk of miscarriage becomes tiny, 24 weeks - baby is viable, 37 weeks - full term.

We went to Asda for the weekly shop, I saw a trolley, grabbed the handles and started to push. Unfortunately the boot thing was on so trolley didn't go anywhere and all I achieved was walking straight into the handle and hurting my belly. DH now refuses to let me near anymore shopping trolleys, apparently I "can't be trusted." I have been taking it very easy this evening, Doctor Who and The X Factor with DS.

Hope your ok mrs when pregnant with dd I had some muppet push one of the huge food 'cages' in tesco into my trolley, left me with a huge bruise! Fortunatly dd was fine!

37wks is my next goal as ds didn't make it that far, dd was 39+5, I want this babys section at 39+6 if possible so fingers crossed!

Hopeforever Sun 02-Sep-12 23:21:33

Evening all

Spoke to EPU and they have booked me in or a scan in Friday when I should be 7 weeks. No need to go through the GP or pay private like last time smile

Also v v nervous sad

Good luck hope just remember at this early stage dates being out by a few days can make a big difference, ie. Not seeing a HB yet, but in a week you could see a wriggly baby and thrumming heart.

I wish I'd known this could have saved me some serious worrying xx

WLmum Mon 03-Sep-12 08:17:17

Good luck hope, will be thinking of you. Sounds like you have a nice epu.

SwanseaMum Mon 03-Sep-12 09:31:33

30 weeks today!!!! Yay smile

Good luck hope

I have my NT scan today. Bricking it... am sure it will be fine, but can't help the niggly worry!

gemdrop84 Mon 03-Sep-12 11:26:21

Good luck hope and backward x

SwanseaMum Mon 03-Sep-12 13:06:27

Off to hosp for a growth scan. My mw isn't happy with how big i am, will get to see my little man smile

Congrats on 30wks swansea, and enjoy your scan, try not to worry to much about big bumps I was with ds and dd turns out my babies have a growth spurt then slow off until 37wks then lay on fat. Does that make sense, anyway good luck xx

SwanseaMum Mon 03-Sep-12 19:26:06

He is measuring 2 weeks bigger than he should so they are now on about gtt which i am having a week tomorrow. Let hell week begin, having iv iron Wednesday, Friday and Monday then gtt on Tuesday.plus then another scan and consultant appt on the 18th its madness sad

WLmum Mon 03-Sep-12 22:24:05

Sorry to hear it's not going swimmingly Swansea but at least you're being checked and looked after. 30 weeks is great too.

I'm feeling a lot less grouchy having had a bit more rest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now