Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Chest pains/tight chest at 35 weeks

(9 Posts)
raininginbaltimore Tue 17-Jul-12 21:25:51

Tonight I have had horrid chest pains and just a real feeling of tightness. Hard to explain, sometimes it feels like something being squeezed, pressure sometimes pain.

It is upper chest, not my ribs. Is this normal? This is dc2 and didnt have this last time.

fluzle Tue 17-Jul-12 21:33:28

I have felt horribly breathless at times with this, my second pregnancy. It has always passed off after a good rest - don't know if this is similar to you? I have heard that this can be a sign of anaemia, if you're not feeling better, defo get onto your midwife. Good luck!

msrantsalot Tue 17-Jul-12 21:34:27

Check your peak flow just in case of asthma

Thelobsterswife Tue 17-Jul-12 21:35:52

I would go and get checked out. I developed a blood clot in my lung after I had DD2. My symptom was breathlessness, but I think it can cause chest pain. It probably isn't that and I was high risk for this, but it can happen in pregnancy and can be dangerous, although easy to treat once diagnosed. My cardiologist also told me your heart doubles in size during pregnancy, so I guess that can cause problems which you should also rule out. Hopefully it is just indigestion or something but better to get some peace of mind. Good luck and I hope all turns out ok.

3littlefrogs Tue 17-Jul-12 21:40:42

Chest pain should always be checked out.

You need to go to A&E.

Do you have a cough, breathlessness?

Loislane78 Tue 17-Jul-12 21:51:24

A&E or emergency doctors appt minimum. Prob not that but as other poster said you can get blood clots on the lung. I've had one in the leg and not to be messed about with for the sake of getting checked out. In the meantime, keep well hydrated.

newby2 Wed 18-Jul-12 05:57:47

Good advice. You need to have pre-eclampsia excluded too. Its not worth taking any risks. A and E defo.

raininginbaltimore Wed 18-Jul-12 17:26:28

It was indigestion. I nearly died of shame.

Thelobsterswife Wed 18-Jul-12 19:41:30

No shame in it! Better to be safe. So pleased to hear all ok.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now