Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Can a Clear Blue Digital Pregnancy Test give a false negative?

(83 Posts)
xxMummyBxx Sun 15-Jul-12 18:26:21

Right here it goes...

So I was due on 12th July and my periods are normally regular. I had unprotected sex on the 29th June to which I've researched and turns out I was most likely ovulating between 25h-30th June. So this is why I've tested quite early...

I done a test yesterday - Boots own brand and it came back with an unclear result. It had what I could make out to be a very very very faint line. So I decided to take a Clear Blue Digital test today which came back 'Not Pregnant'. However I'm not convinced, as I just feel I might be... If that makes sense to anyone?

Is there any chance or has anyone ever used Clear Blue and been given a false negative?
I'm going to re-test in a few days anyway if my period hasn't come but I just wanted to know if it was possible.

Mazfolan Wed 10-Aug-16 20:23:59

Hi there been trying for a baby for year my period is bout three days late but have all my period feelings like I'm on but only a bit of blood test come back negative help

Cinders2016rose Mon 01-Aug-16 14:54:19

Hi, I'm wondering if anybody could share a similar experience as I am having and ended up with a big fat positive to reassure me a little to not give up. My cycles are usually 26 days to the day, hour, minute second! I am that regular! However, this month I am late, I was due 30th July, so I'm working out I'm late by maybe 1/2 days. I took a clear blue pregnancy test on Friday the 29th and got what was to me a very very very faint cross (I did look at it past the 10 minute mark so could have been a evap line) later that day I took a first response BFN so I decided to leave it until today the following Monday and did a clear blue digital that was also a bfn .... Has anybody ever had a negative clear blue digital to later go on to find out they are Infact pregnant.... It is so confusing and upsetting because me and my partner have been TTC for 5 months and I do suffer from endometriosis. If anyone could share any reassuring advice it would be appreciated xxx

Kitkat25 Tue 05-Apr-16 05:09:09

I got a pretty clear positive in a regular test and a not pregnant two days later on a clear blue week test

emmajonny81 Sun 03-Apr-16 13:07:25

lat week I did 4 clear blue pregnancy test and all of them showed up 2-3 weeks pregnant I don't have regular periods so I cant go by my last one I also did another 2 yesterday and came up the same. I'm not sure can clear blue test be wrong on the time indicator

Artioo2 Wed 30-Mar-16 12:50:51

If you followed the test instructions and read them within the time limit then the faint lines are not evaporation lines. (Within the correct time limit, there is no time for anything to evaporate.) The negative sounds like it might be down to the time of day you're testing - first morning urine is best as the levels are highest.

SolomanDaisy Wed 30-Mar-16 12:44:22

How sure are you about your dates? It's possible that you're testing too early, so only some very sensitive tests are showing a positive. But if you're definitely nine days late, then that it unlikely. Your very faint lines may be evap lines.

CreeKernow Wed 30-Mar-16 11:06:13

Sorry forgot to say I'm 9 days late for period . An I'm about to go to boots an buy 1 of every test available. My urgency is due to the fact I'm on extreme amounts of medication an it will need to be stopped asap. If I am preg.

CreeKernow Wed 30-Mar-16 11:03:01

Ok yesterday around 3pm,I did CB an it was faint line very faint but there . Then last night 9 ish, did sainsburys test negative. This morning did CB and sainsburys cb very faint line again an sainsburys not sure there could be a faint line. So just gone an bought CB digital an it says not preg.
So I know faint lines means preg I've even told bf I am, but now the digi saying I'm not !!
Had two babies an you would think I know how to do a bloody preg test lol but no still as confusing as first two times. Though spoke to dr today an explained about the two CB faint line tests an he said I am ?!? confused Any advice ? X

Whatdoidohelp Tue 08-Mar-16 09:35:41

ZOMBIE thread!!!

Rayan - did you just reply to yourself?? grin

If you have a question best thing to do is start a new thread in the conception area.

Rayan123 Tue 08-Mar-16 08:35:45

I have a similar problem at the moment, did you test positive after that?

Rayan123 Tue 08-Mar-16 08:32:52

Hey ladies
I've been married for a year now trying to conceive and my periods are regular every 27 days. This month I'm 2 days late and haven't gotten my period yet and don't feel like I'm getting my period. I did a clear blue digital and it gave me 'not pregnant', so I'm currently confused as I've never gotten my period late

Najsid77 Sun 21-Feb-16 11:15:27

Right, I'm 11 days late today and tested with clearblue digi, with first morning wee and 'not pregnant' and I also tested with a cheap one like when I was 6 days late and I got a negative too...can clearblue give you a false negative and no sign of period...I'm getting worried

Deebrown15 Tue 05-Jan-16 10:42:45

I'd go get checked by the dr, you may be pregnant but you need the blood test. I've had false positives before so it is possible you're not pregnant

Hope12aza Tue 05-Jan-16 10:34:57

Plz someone help. I have battled an eating disorder and pneumonia the past year I went down to 4stone. I am now a healthy 8 stone and my periods came back, we had unprotected sex about 4 times after my period, once just after and the rest wen I was ovulating. Sorry for tmi, I haven't had anpther period since, I've took a lot of cheap tests some negatives and some positives, I took a clear blue today and it was not pregnant. Could I be pregnant as you don't usually get a false positive. I'm getting up early as 3am coz I'm hungry for muller rice yogurts even thou I don't like them I'm eating chocolate alot and I don't even like it. Is this just false hope as we really want another baby, hope u can help me 😊

goodnightdarthvader1 Sat 26-Dec-15 19:27:20

Welp, this is the thread that won't die.

mariet149 Sat 26-Dec-15 17:58:45

I had sex on December 5th & 6th which are the last days of my fertile days and not be graphic but saw white cloudy discharge on his penis afterwards followed by no odor then more fluids started to come the 2nd time when we had sex. Had my period November 22, 2015. I ovulated between the 7th & 9th. My period was due the 22nd or 23rd of December but have no signs of my period like usually where my breast gets sore. I took a clear blue digital test today Dec 25 and got a negative result. Is it possible I can still be pregnant? My avg cycle is usually 30-31 days. Shortest cycle 29 and longest is 32. It's Dec 26 but still no signs of period.

ummsaffiyah Thu 24-Dec-15 00:59:47

Thats what I'm dying to know. Am i pregnant and which is false? I saw my doctor he wasn't much help... he just told me to wait a week or so before retesting but its just too long for me to do that. My breasts are swollen and heavy, I'm cramping too... not knowing is so hard

Didle Wed 23-Dec-15 13:26:34

Hello. Yesterday I done two Tesco pregnancy tests the £3.50 one. Both came up positive. I'm not due on till boxing day. Today I done a clear blue digital and it came up negative. However, I opened the test and there was two blue lines, one was faint but it was there. I've had mild period like cramping, my sense of smell has become so sensitive, I've been really tired and grumpy (slept for 12 hours last night) yesterday I was really sick around food and I've been weeing a lot too. However yesterday doctors one was also negative..am I pregnant or have I got fake positives?

ummsaffiyah Tue 22-Dec-15 20:51:52

Hey, I took a digital test with clearblue and it said pregnant 1-2 weeks. Then following morining i took another one clearblue (not digital) and it was negative, and another 2 one clearblue and one first early sign one from the pharamacy. Both negative. 3/4 negative and one digita positive. Should i just consider it a a false positive. Its really bugging me and its got me down. Kinda wish I never saw that positive. Any ideas on how should go about it, should leave it now?

Kaytee1987 Mon 07-Dec-15 19:11:41

Deebrown did the line come up within the time limit? If so then you are pregnant. If in doubt wait 2 days and do another test.

Deebrown15 Mon 07-Dec-15 08:04:13

Hey, i did this and there were 2 lines, a really dark blue line and a really faint - but definitely there - blue line next to it, is that a positive? I just did a first response test to confirm but come out negative

jeteallday Tue 01-Sep-15 19:00:15

I took a clear blue digital test today and it read "not pregnant". I was curious so I opened it haha and I saw two lines lines, one was lighter but it was there. Is it true that it will only give a positive if there is a detection of HCG at 50? My period is due in 2 days could this have been too early? I am SO confused. hmm

machair Sat 15-Aug-15 00:22:38

There's a number of reasons why your period might be late (apart from pregnancy). Perhaps try one of the superdrug or other cheaper tests, which I understand to be more accurate and if comes up not pregnant. might be worth making an appointment with your GP.

bigmama12345 Sat 08-Aug-15 16:08:19

Please I am very confused. 1- I am 41yrs, 2- I have never missed my period but for this month that I have missed my period, 3- I am three days late, I did had unprotected sex, 4-I did used a clear blue from Asda and it came as not pregnant, is it menopause or irregular period? I do have this strong feelings that I am pregnant as I am very tired and restless. Please help me.

tinkerbelle32 Sun 26-Jul-15 17:31:03

Hiya can anyone help me...
Im 5 days late now and used a xlear blue test which came back not pregnant could the test be wrong?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now