Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Gifts ideas for a new mum

(9 Posts)
FedUpOfRain Fri 29-Jun-12 19:59:05

My SIL is due to give birth very soon and although I have bought the baby some nice bits, I wanted to get her something special too. I would really appreciate some ideas because I'm kind of stuck on smellies....
What were you given or what would you have appreciated during the first few months? grin

Nonio Sat 30-Jun-12 09:04:59

My sister and mum gave me a gift cheque book.... It said things like cook the dinner, bath in peace. Basically it was offers of help and some nice bubble bath and lotion.

gallicgirl Sat 30-Jun-12 09:15:02

Pedicure, manicure, haircut and offer to babysit while she does this.
Cleaning offers also very welcome.

Cubtrouble Tue 17-Jul-12 19:49:52

Maybe some vouchers for her favorite clothes shop? None of my clothes fitted post birth and i was sick of wearing jogging bottoms and bloody leggings. a visit to m&s later and i was happier, i felt alot better and loved the compliments!!

cherrynapper Thu 19-Jul-12 09:31:25

I would have loved the essentials. I was given some badedas and that was really useful for healing. I would have been happy to have been given some arnica, paracetamol, aloe vera pads. Depends how personal you want to be.

mamij Thu 19-Jul-12 09:33:13

Cook do deliveries of really lovely, homemade "ready meals". It means no cooking for a while!

voituredepompier Thu 19-Jul-12 09:35:00

Pedicure as she won't have seen her feet for a while

Some ready cooked meals to go in the freezer

glub Wed 05-Sep-12 22:37:30

a night at a hotel (with the dad babysitting if possible). a spa hotel even better.

a washer upper

basically anything that allows for more sleep and naps and lie ins...

beujolais Wed 12-Sep-12 15:08:21

A caffetiere and a strong ethiopian blend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now