Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

8 weeks and no "morning" sickness - is this normal?

(31 Posts)
Rainbowshine Wed 20-Jun-12 21:11:17

Hi everyone

I am 8 weeks pregnant (first pregnancy) and apart from not fancying cheese (very unlike me) and some changes in my appetite I have not had any nausea or sickness at all. I've just felt totally tired out and needed the loo every 5 minutes.

Is it "normal" not to have sickness? Am I just really really lucky and should keep my fingers crossed that "morning" sickness doesn't appear in the next few weeks?

Thank you for any thoughts.

PickledInAPearTree Tue 27-Nov-12 20:11:12

Me too Artemis. Me too sad

Artemis206 Tue 27-Nov-12 20:10:40

Smug about it, autocorrect fail blush

Artemis206 Tue 27-Nov-12 20:09:30

I had no sickness at all in the 1st trimester. Was quite smug amount it so it served me right when the morning sickness started in earnest at 14 weeks. Am 33 weeks now an had it up to 20 weeks ish. Only get nauseous now if I'm hungry.

xmasevebundle Sun 25-Nov-12 20:46:12

No i found out i was pregnant at 10+4. I had gone off some foods but thought nothing off it.

I have been sick 4-5 times due to other foods and maybe baby didnt like them grin

Im now 36weeks, first pregnancy, enjoy the no sickness!!!

TinkyPeet Sun 25-Nov-12 20:19:53

I'm feeling nothing either, I'm 6-7 weeks, keep gettin little niggly cramps but nothing to actually make me feel pregnant, nearly hurled in the taxi last night but think that was just the sweaty cabbie :/ also panicking about scan that they say there's nothing there, thinking of maybe trying to get an early scan :/ lol x

iamwhaticallpregnant Sun 25-Nov-12 10:14:35

Perfectly normal - I had no sickness at all for the early stages of pregnancy - mine came at about half way through and was like clockwork at 10PM every night - so I never got 'morning sickness' - I am also suffering a bit from sickness too now at 29 weeks - so the best may be yet to come for you grin good luck.

Heart7 Sun 25-Nov-12 09:19:03

No sickness here either (am 10 weeks). Did feel slight nausea between 6-7 weeks but still had good appetite. Only symptoms are tiredness and sore boobs, and a few days of constipation. I had a nine week scan to check all is well and it was! Don't worry, a large proportion of people don't get morning sickness, you just don't hear about it as often. Enjoy xx

cupcake78 Sat 24-Nov-12 16:45:25

I don't like this thread! I'm so envy!

Be thankful your not sick, I'm on pregnancy no4 and am currently dying with intense day and night nausea and sickness. envyenvyenvy

ladymia Sat 24-Nov-12 12:45:18

only symptom i ever had was food aversions. i am 24 weeks now and did not have morning sickness once!

cheekbyjowl Sat 24-Nov-12 12:40:34

This is my first day posting on mumsnet after searching for this topic. I've read some people are talking about their HCG levels in relation to having no symptoms. how do you know what your HCG levels are? On another note, also pleased to find the acronym finder on this!

HarlettOScara Sat 24-Nov-12 12:26:07

I would add that DP fed them...they didn't starve for 9 months!

HarlettOScara Sat 24-Nov-12 12:25:36

I didn't have any sickess either, just the odd wave of nausea usually in response to a smell...couldn't feed the dogs for the entire pregnancy as the smell of their food made me heave.

Kelerina Sat 24-Nov-12 12:22:47

Was for me! Am now 26 weeks and still haven't been sick. Bit of nausea at start of second trimester but only first thing in the morning and only in my kitchen! Compared to many others who suffer it really is barely worth mentioning......enjoy!!!

1st trimester I was just comically tired!

Worley Sat 24-Nov-12 12:11:41

I never had any mining sickness with either of my ds's either..
I like to tell people that too ;)

unillustratedmum Sat 24-Nov-12 12:05:56

No sickness or negative symptoms of any kind with my 3, also no pain relief needed during very short labours, no stitches and hardly any visible stretch marks, I consider myself very lucky and feel for women who suffer.

Adviceinscotland Sat 24-Nov-12 11:57:05

I had

Pg1- terrible sickness for 9 months

Pg2- terrible nausea for 6 months

Pg3- not a single symptom (was worried at 12 week scan they would laugh at me and say there was no baby blush)

Pg4- terrible sickness for 16 weeks (now 24 weeks)

Fingers crossed you carry on the way you are smile

C0smos Sat 24-Nov-12 11:53:24

Absolutely no sickness or symptoms, I felt great and had the best skin ever, just lucky I guess. Had other problems with pregnancy though in case anyone thinks I'm a smug old boot!

cheekbyjowl Sat 24-Nov-12 11:45:47

Hi @rainbowshine. I'm the same as you, no obvious symptoms and first pregnancy. How are you feeling now? Should i expect symptoms later?

This is the first time in my life i wish i felt more sick to make it seem more real. I've only shared the news with my husband....this is a slow 12 weeks smile

justhayley Thu 21-Jun-12 00:07:11

Don't jinx yourself crazy lady! I had no morning sickness during my pregnancy - I it sick twice once when I passed a chicken shop about 7 months and the smell made me gag and the 2nd on the table in wagamumas the week before I gave birth, and twice during labour but I don't count those as being pregnant.
Not everyone gets morning sickness if you don't your lucky it sounds horrible!

Rainbowshine Wed 20-Jun-12 21:29:53

Wow thank you for the replies everyone! Glad to find it can be normal! I will keep my fingers crossed that it continues then :-)

signet2012 Wed 20-Jun-12 21:25:09

Im 31 weeks and had no sickness at all. Suffering from heartburn now a bit but no sickness, no nausea, nothing.

smile

Springforward Wed 20-Jun-12 21:21:02

Lucky you! Not everyone gets sick envy and I think it's pretty normal.

Cheekychops84 Wed 20-Jun-12 21:17:31

I had bad sickness with my first but my 2nd 2 nothing ! Totally sickness free I had one day where I felt really really sick but I wasn't then it passed , guess some of us are just lucky!

Figgygal Wed 20-Jun-12 21:15:17

Yup I had none with my DS who is now 6 months old ..........it was great!! grin

Yup-ddn't have any sickness with either of my 2 pregnancies, or any other obvious symptoms except a bit of heartburn and tiredness later on. Keep your fingers crossed! grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now