Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Stretch Mark Cream: What works (or waste of money)??

(103 Posts)
Cupcake83 Fri 27-Jan-12 11:58:10

Ok so I am pregnant with #1, about 9 weeks or so according to Dr Google.

In a vain attempt to prevent stretch marks I have been lathering Bio Oil and Palmers cocoa butter (not together) all over my boobs, back, hips and tum for a while and wanted to see what others are using/have used in the past and most importantly if they are any good smile

I'm aware that regardless of what I smother myself in I may still end up with stretch marks - but at least I tried right???

Bodicea Tue 08-Oct-13 17:04:39

I used bio oil at first but then fell in love with the mamamio tummy rub oil. It smells an feels lovely and I did get a comment off the midwife on my "lovely skin" which is stretch mark free at 35 weeks - it does feel nice and soft which considering I get excema is an achievement.
I also take fish oils every day - efalex, mum omega or pregnacare - whatever is on offer and think that that could be a factor in it too.

Cariad007 Tue 08-Oct-13 17:53:58

I've read that if you're going to get stretch marks you're going to get them, and all the creams and oils in the world won't help. Having said that, I'm still willing to try a few preventative measures! I've just been sticking with Palmer's Cocoa Butter. They also market a special stretch mark cream but I've had a look at the ingredient list on that and it isn't any different to their regular cocoa butter lotion, although twice the price!

Elenashephard Thu 14-Nov-13 10:06:28

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now