Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Is wearing tights to bed really minging?

(54 Posts)
McPhee Sun 22-Jan-12 19:53:11

I'm only asking because I've just discovered how much more supported my bump and even my back feel in them. But is wearing them to bed a quick way to thrush blush

What else can I wear if tights isn't the answer? I know you can buy bump bands, but they're not really any good for sleeping in are they??

ChippingInLovesEasterEggs Sun 22-Jan-12 19:55:33

What about leggings? If you buy them small they are supportive and nicer fabric than tights.

K999 Sun 22-Jan-12 20:00:08

Not minging if they are giving you support but I'd cut the feet off them! I hate having hot feet....

Bunbaker Sun 22-Jan-12 20:01:34

And cut out the gusset if you don't want to get all nasty and sweaty in your nether regions.

Cut the feet off and the gusset outgrin

You need a breathable fanjo in bed.

Great minds bunbaker grin

McPhee Sun 22-Jan-12 20:03:16

I can do leggings in bed, but certainly not in public. My Cankles aren't for public viewing blush

McPhee Sun 22-Jan-12 20:04:14

And cutting out the gusset is a good idea. Might not even need to pull down for a piss grin

tribpot Sun 22-Jan-12 20:04:58

I agree, cut out the gusset and the feet, although then surely all you are left with is crotchless granny pants smile (I wonder if a good pair of support granny-sized pants might be a better option?)

Acanthus Sun 22-Jan-12 20:08:43

Definitely no nylon round the fanjo. Some great ideas here!

Nagoo Sun 22-Jan-12 20:09:58

grin

kitcatcandy Sun 22-Jan-12 20:19:34

It all sounds incredibly sexy bedroom attire, especially the cutout gusset. wink

Have you tried one of those bump pillows? I had one and it was lovely

dinkystinky Sun 22-Jan-12 20:21:48

Tights in bed is definitely a sure fire way to get thrush - would suggest bump pillow or supportive belly band instead if you want support for your bump at nights instead of thrush (which I found I was prone to get in pregnancy anyway - really not fun when heavily pregnant!)

Bunbaker Sun 22-Jan-12 20:22:23

I think I have found a new market grin

McPhee Sun 22-Jan-12 20:29:19

I've got a bump pillow, which I've been using every night. But these tights are just wonderful. Please let me keep them on, pretty please. I promise to cut out the gusset, god I hate that word <boak> grin

tribpot Sun 22-Jan-12 21:09:15

Can you cut the feet off as well? Would totally not want my feet covered by tights overnight.

Gusset is an awful word, isn't it? Fanjo zone?

McPhee Sun 22-Jan-12 21:19:15

Would they not just slowly roll up my leg if I cut the feet off though?

I think I'd find that more annoying than a sweaty gusset grin

FloydieDoydie Sun 22-Jan-12 21:25:04

You could chop off the toe and heel sections - like a home made ski-pant/crotchless legging grin

tribpot Sun 22-Jan-12 21:30:54

Mmmmm, very Flashdance grin

sillymillyb Sun 22-Jan-12 21:31:17

I'm totally stealing this idea! My tights are bliss. I'm envisioning crotchless cycling shorts for myself though as I hate having my legs covered. Sexy!

McPhee Sun 22-Jan-12 21:35:47

Can you actually buy crotchless tights??

joanofarchitrave Sun 22-Jan-12 21:37:55

Yes

If you want some boring advice, I have tubi grips to wear.
And of course you can wear tights, maybe some cotton ones if you don't fancy chopping them up.

IWantMyHatBack Sun 22-Jan-12 23:55:16

What about Spanx? The make maternity ones and are probably crotchless ;)

IWantMyHatBack Sun 22-Jan-12 23:55:29

What about Spanx? The make maternity ones and are probably crotchless ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now