Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

trying to get pregnant after taking cerazette

(97 Posts)
gemcgem Mon 09-Jan-12 14:05:09

hi, i just wonder'd if any other ladies have try'd to concive after taking the mini pill cerazette ?

call me greedy but im a happy married mummy to 6 and i would love a 7th !
i breast feed all my children for 6 months and after my last DD when i stopped feeding her i went on the combined pill but for some reason ( age ??) it didnt agree with me any more , so i went on the mini pill cerazette for the last 6 months with NO MP at all !
iv read some awfull things about women trying to concive for years after taking this mini pill , and just wonder'd if any body has any positve stories to tell?

Ellie2elysia Fri 15-Aug-14 20:58:08

I was on cerazette for around a year I came off my pill and fell pregnant after first period smile I'm now 38+3 with my baby boy and I am super super excited and lucky :D good luck x

DinoSnores Fri 15-Aug-14 18:04:23

Was on Cerazette while BFing. Stopped it to TTC & pregnant 3 months later.

babyandsparkle Fri 15-Aug-14 17:30:29

Took over 12 months for my periods to come back after Cerazette. I was quite stressed too though so could of had something to do with it!

Heyitsholly Fri 15-Aug-14 17:27:56

Hey everyone
I read all your posts before i came off cerazette and became worried as id been on it 6 years with no periods. Came off it and had a heavy period spot on time. Now just done a test and im pregnant! Gonna book in with docs to confirm
Ive been taking multi vits as they sat it helps!

My advice is dont stress, just have loadsa sex! Hehee
smile

Another instant pregnancy here too - stopped cerzazette 3rd April and hadn't had period for about 1.5 years while on it for 2.5 years. Waited for period, nothing came, took test on 9th May and BFP! Didn't even have a withdrawal bleed.

Went for a private early scan just to date it, but it worked out pretty much as date from day after last pill.

There are a lot of horror stories online about time to conceive after coming off it which had worried me no end - but there are lots of super quick stories too! (I'm now 10+5).

BauerTime Sat 21-Jun-14 22:58:58

Another instant pregnancy here too! Dated from the day after my last pill. DH thinks he has super sperm.

Katyl22 Sat 21-Jun-14 22:50:00

I took cerazette for four years and stopped on 20th May and found out yesterday that I'm 1-2 weeks pregnant! I know a lot of women talk about a hormone surge immediately after stopping the mini pill but it's not medically proven... Seems to have been the case with me though! X

Bomber1313 Fri 20-Jun-14 17:34:07

AF arrived this morning!!

7 weeks 2 days after taking my last cerazette (was on them for ten years). Finally we can calculate when the fertile window is rather than trying to remember to take my temp each morning!

Bomber1313 Mon 02-Jun-14 14:26:59

Just got back from gp after a BFN and he said he's not worried by the lack of AF and to come back in three months if they've still not come back... Three months on top of the month already - when on earth will I have a chance of getting pg sad

Bomber1313 Wed 28-May-14 15:39:06

Going to their website doesn't really help much either

gggeei Wed 28-May-14 08:09:36

Hello! I know this is an old post but wondering if anyone could help! I stopped taking cerazette end of feb, I had a couple day bleed. At the beginning of march I had sex unprotected, a lot. I then had what I thought was a period 3 weeks later. It's now around 6 weeks later and I haven't had another period and 2 BFN. I didn't have very bad symptoms from stopping the pill but now they've seem to got worse. Could I be pregnant? Has anyone else been through it? Thank you :D

Bellyrub1980 Wed 28-May-14 04:04:37

I stopped taking cerazette on the 1st Jan (half way through a packet) POAS on the 16th Feb with positive result. I'm now 18 weeks smile

Rebeccaelizabethxo Tue 27-May-14 23:36:52

I got pregnant whilst taking cerazette !

Bomber1313 Tue 27-May-14 22:45:53

I did one the morning of Eurovision which came up negative...

Shakshuka Tue 27-May-14 22:20:55

I don't know what the research is but I can only give you my experience.

Came off Cerazette after years and years on it, no period either because I was pregnant 3 weeks later smile And I was 39, nearly 40 then so nearly the same age as you.

Have you done a pregnancy test?????

Bomber1313 Tue 27-May-14 19:08:57

Oh should add - no periods whilst on cerazette

Bomber1313 Tue 27-May-14 19:08:24

Hi. Glad I found this post, hope it's still active... Ok briefly I've been on cerazette for over ten years, got married in April and came off pill on 30/4/14 - so far no period, as I'm 40 and very overweight I'm really worried about my fertility. Before getting married I spoke to my gp about wanting to try (I've no kids yet), and he said he wouldn't be too happy because of the medical risks and post pg weight gain, so nervous about going to him... Four weeks no pg, did a pg test which came up neg... Any advice pls?

jaykay34 Fri 25-Apr-14 14:13:18

Here's some hope for you....

I got pregnant on Cerazette !! I had been taking it for over a year (previously was on Microgynon for 10 years prior to that).

I missed a few here and there over Xmas...didnt think anything of it...then found out I was 15 weeks pregnant in March.

When I told my midwife about how shocked I was by the pregnancy...she said "Are you on Cerazette", then told me its the one pill that seems to cause the most shock pregnancies.

Stars66 Fri 25-Apr-14 11:39:19

Was on cerezette for a number of years, came off on NYE 2010, fell pregnant may 2011, miscarried (not related to pill), got pregnant again dec 2011, dd born august 2012smile

htbftm Fri 25-Apr-14 11:26:56

Hi, I was on cerazette with no mp for about 5 years. Came off the pill in December, first mp in January, caught in March, due in December!
Good luck!!!! xx

Monkeybrain10 Thu 24-Apr-14 20:37:08

I was on it 2 years. Had period about 6 weeks later ..straight back into normal cycle and was pregnant within 6 months. 6 kids already...wow!!

amy246 Thu 24-Apr-14 12:03:50

I waited until after my first period before trying to conceive: i hadn't had a period for about 10 years so wanted to make sure things were working properly. It then took a couple of months to get pregnant. Just try not to read any horror stories about coming off this pill: they're quite demoralising and it's unnecessary to worry yourself. I had no problems at all. Good luck smile

shinsm82 Thu 24-Apr-14 10:15:16

Hi I took my last cerazette on 30th March. no period yet. should I wait until I have one to try for baby or could i be already pregnant ie do you need to bleed before conceiving or could it have happened already. I haven't had a period in over 2 years, but boobs and left side very sore and tender but I'm putting this down to hormonal changes.

any advise and help would be greatly appreciated.

Alicja1084 Wed 22-Jan-14 22:12:08

?

Alicja1084 Wed 22-Jan-14 22:11:44

Well. Take it or not? I am on my 2 day of period following the monthly usual FPA (fake pregnancy alert). Want a second child in a year time. Is it effective. Googled it and the results are mixed. Confused.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now