Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Anyone used ultrasound-direct.com ?

(16 Posts)
Dudad Thu 18-Aug-11 16:04:37

Hiya,

After finding out, thanks to MN, that our nearest/cheapest private ultarsound clinic has shut down, I've found these lot at www.ultrasound-direct.com, and was wondering if anyone has used them and wouldn't mind letting us know what they were like?

We would probably use the Mancester clinic on Davyhulme Road East, so particularly interest to hear from people who've been there.

Thanks for any help.

Dudad Thu 18-Aug-11 16:20:06

Actually scratch that about the Manchester one, I've just looked on Google street view and it looks like a really grotty looking building over the top of a Bargin Booze - quite put off by that. Anyone used the Preston or Bolton one?

Dudad Thu 18-Aug-11 16:27:12

or Barnsley>?

MrsHuxtable Thu 18-Aug-11 16:27:31

I've used the Stirling one for an early scan and found them great. They were in a normal office building. Will go back for a gender scan in a couple of weeks.

melliebobs Thu 18-Aug-11 19:26:46

I haven't used them myself......yet....but i am from preston and i know you shouldn't judge a book by it's cover but it's a nice area wround winkley square. Babybond (google them) also do scans from the same building.

MrsHuxtable Fri 19-Aug-11 09:48:22

Babybond and Ultrasound Direct are the same company. I was very confused by this at the start as well. You book your scan through Ultrasound Direct but it is actually done by Babybond, as far as I know.

Dudad Mon 22-Aug-11 22:16:47

Thanks for the responses.

We went to the Manchester one afterall, it was just so convienient. It turns out it's a few doors down from where we thought it was, in a nice decicated retail unit. The staff were all very nice, and the sonographer very friendly and proffesional.

All in all a good experience, and I'd recommend them to anyone else in the area looking for a scan.

Oh, and if you're interested, the ickle bean is all hale and hearty :D

rbarber4 Tue 07-Aug-12 13:32:24

We went to Ultrasound Direct in Plymouth the other day as the only place in Truro Cornwall that does these scans could'nt get a picture of our baby at 30 weeks , they got an amazing picture and we spent ages watching her, the place is proffesional and very lovely does'nt feel wierd and clinical just a beautiful experience, has a special feeling there and we were treated amazing they were even brilliant to our son who was kicking off (he is 3!) i could'nt recommend this place enough its worth every penny the service they provide i doubt can be beaten!! We got some brilliant photos and they do a free 4d freeview with the gender scan at £79 making it a bargain and cheaper than the ones i had seen previously. Go you won't regret it we are now even more exited than before!

YoungDaddy Sun 24-Aug-14 23:45:22

We had our presentation scan in Edinburgh and place is absolutely a joke. No pictures done, they haven't even tried to achieve anything. Instead these muppets spend most of their time finding out why we want to have this scan done and why we don't trust to NHS "expertise". Waste of time don't bother.

Artistic Mon 25-Aug-14 00:04:36

Been to their Lovely clinics in London. Great service.

Mmolly2013 Mon 25-Aug-14 06:48:56

Got a gender scan at 17 weeks with them, they were fantastic and even threw in some 4d for free

weeblueberry Mon 25-Aug-14 08:12:41

I'm sorry you've had such a bad experience YoungDaddy. We've used the Edinburgh one four times now, three in my last pregnancy and once in this one. They've always been fantastic with us. Really professional and willing to spend ages showing us everything and explaining it clearly. I'd definitely recommend them myself.

CordeliaScott Mon 25-Aug-14 08:38:38

We went to the Birmingham one for a 4d scan around 28 weeks and found them lovely and professional. I would definitely recommend them.

mssleepyhead Mon 25-Aug-14 09:13:53

Went to one in london. Wasn't massively impressed by it. It was in a little office space and the rooms had paper thin walls so you could hear all the conversations. I would use them for a "souvenir" scan, eg a 4D viewing or something, but nothing where you're concerned about anything medical. It didn't feel like the right environment for that.

LBNM19 Mon 25-Aug-14 13:26:13

Had mine in Wimbledon and London with them this pregnancy and my last pregnancy always had a good experience, had 2 gender scans and a 4D scan xx

Preezie Wed 27-Aug-14 07:55:36

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now