Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

lap & dye test question???

(41 Posts)
cheekycurls Sat 13-Aug-11 12:07:59

I've posted this in another forum but not sure where to post really so hoping you ladies might have had this happen....

I've just had a lap & dye test and after googling ( I know I should never google ANYTHING! blush ) but....I've read alot of people have fallen pregnant soon after lap & dye test....

has anyone fallen pregnant soon after having lap & dye test?
I know I'm getting way ahead of myself!! wink

What's one of those?

cheekycurls Sat 13-Aug-11 12:28:17

it's where they put dye through the tubes to see if there is all blockages like flushing the tubes out

QueenCee Sat 13-Aug-11 13:37:13

Me!!! we were TTC for 11 months...had a lap and dye and fell PG 2 weeks later! DD now 9 months and im PG with no2 now.

Good luck

cheekycurls Sat 13-Aug-11 13:41:34

oh wow Queen! congrats! smile
really hoping this will be the case with me as nothing wrong was found!! grin

QueenCee Sat 13-Aug-11 14:44:10

Its difficult to know whether it was the lap and dye or the fact that i was due on about a day after the lap. I was told i would bleed after the lap, so when i did, i assumed it was as a result from the op. I therefore couldnt calculate when i ovulated so said to DH we should not bother trying that month.
we had been so stressed from ttc and that month we just enjoyed shagging!! No pressure to ttc.So possibly that we were more relaxed as well.
Consultant told me its very common for women to get PG after a lap as they think it "clears the tubes".

cheekycurls Sat 13-Aug-11 15:08:45

yeah they said that to me to hence the mad googling! blush

I'm still a bit sore from it but due to ov (got a strong pos ov test this morning) bleeding stopped after 1st day so need to get me some swimmers! grin lol

I do love hearing the success stories! hope ur pregnancy is going well grin

QueenCee Sat 13-Aug-11 15:24:04

Ive also got a friend from nct that was ttc for years...about 10 years i think. She had a lap and got pg too. not sure how quickly it happened but much quicker than the 10 years before the lap if that makes sense!!!
Be careful of your stitches from the lap...mine got infected as they didnt dissolve and was very painful!

cheekycurls Sat 13-Aug-11 15:40:55

oh blimey that's amazing! we having been trying for 2 half years with no luck fingers crossed it will happen soon now i have shiny clean tubes! lol
I didn't have stitches, i had glue not sure why, maybe different hospitals do different things
hoping when i go back in 2 weeks for my follow up I'll be preggers smile

QueenCee Sat 13-Aug-11 17:06:23

Good luck...fingers crossed for you.
We were TTC for 11 months and I found it so stressful and put us under a huge amount of pressure. 2/5 years must be horrendous...you definately deserve a break and for this to be your time.

cheekycurls Sat 13-Aug-11 22:09:07

yes it is but I'm still hopeful (or delusional! lol) every month and very grateful for my DD
I'm trying my hardest not to be stressed and calm but It's very hard!
definately deserve a break grin

good luck smile

MummyAbroad Sun 14-Aug-11 13:31:15

I had the "dye" part of the lap and dye (HSG) and fell pregnant on the second cycle after. I believe in the "tube jet wash" theory giving you a fertility boost, but should point out that my test was to check that surgery for Ashermans Syndrome 6 weeks earlier had worked - so it is hard to say if it was the surgery or the jet wash that really was responsible in my case.

good luck!

cheekycurls Sun 14-Aug-11 21:34:12

loving "tube jet wash" !! grin

Namechangeoshame Sun 14-Aug-11 21:39:00

Is this the Hycosyg test? If so, yes, having been trying for 18 months beforehand I then got pg immediately afterwards, and twice more in my next 7 cycles.

Consultant said that it was a well known thing, and although it's not guaranteed of course, don't let your DH go away during the next month.

cheekycurls Sun 14-Aug-11 22:03:33

it was a hysteroscopy, laparoscopy & dye test.....
I'm not letting DP leave the bedroom much! wink

cheekycurls Mon 22-Aug-11 08:09:51

one more week till AF so will soon find out if the tube jet wash worked grin

QueenCee Mon 22-Aug-11 09:35:14

Keep us updated.... Fingers crossed you get you BFP

cheekycurls Mon 22-Aug-11 09:54:29

will do! I have loads of imaginary symptoms but only real one is sore boobs, I'm not as confident as I was last week! confused

QueenCee Fri 26-Aug-11 14:24:35

Any update cheekycurls?

Pinkiemum Fri 26-Aug-11 14:32:32

I was pregnant two weeks after having mine, my daughter is now 3.5 yrs old

cheekycurls Sat 27-Aug-11 17:28:58

no AF yet, due tomorrow but I think it's on its way sad all my imaginary symptoms have disappeared apart from sore boobs so don't think i'll be getting a BFP this month sad

QueenCee Sat 27-Aug-11 17:36:52

Got everything crossed for you!

cheekycurls Sun 28-Aug-11 21:18:29

well AF due today, had some brown stuff when I wiped earlier (TMI)!!! but seems to have been only that time but fully expecting AF to be in full swing tomorrow sad

QueenCee Sun 28-Aug-11 21:22:20

That sounds promising I think. You were due today and haven't come on. I had brown when I wiped for 4 days with this pg at the time of my AF. Convinced I was coming on... I'm now 15 weeks with dc2. Fingers crossed still!

MissRee Sun 28-Aug-11 21:28:55

I was told for 10 years that I would never conceive without fertility treatment - I had two lap & dyes at the end of 2010 under a different consultant with the second one including adhesion removal and ovarian drilling. I'm now 22 weeks pg grin

cheekycurls Sun 28-Aug-11 21:32:59

oh really?! I might do a test in the morning then!! grin
I did test a few days ago but BFN so I didn't test today! but my back is really achy like AF type achy......oh I dunno confused

lostinindia Sun 28-Aug-11 21:33:37

Took about 5mnths after lap and dye.

cheekycurls Sun 28-Aug-11 21:36:48

missRee they found nothing wrong inside and tubes was clear but what they did do is trim my previous CS scar back or something as it was a bit big, but they also said my womb lining was quite thick.....not really sure what that means tho as i'm banned from Dr Google!! blush

QueenCee Sun 28-Aug-11 21:41:52

I promise I'm not just copying everything you say cheeky!! But I also did a test a few days before af and was BFN. I only did it again because I felt so rough and was on my way to Drs. Felt sure they would ask if I was PG so thought I'd use up the second test just so I could say I wasn't and they would crack on to find out why I was so ill. Plus I had the brown stuff for a few days so was convinced I wasn't pg. Was amazed at BFP!
Do a test in the morning... You never know.
I hope I'm not getting your hopes up too much but I think it all sounds good... You're due on today and no af! You're late!

cheekycurls Sun 28-Aug-11 21:48:19

couldn't resist, just did another test BFN sad but I know it's best to do them in the morning, just a waiting game but I really don't think I am! although I did nearly throw up in a cab tonight but then I've never travelled well hmm

when I was pregnant last it took a week before a test came up positive for some reason but t that time I just KNEW I was hard to explain but I just knew, sadly that pregnancy didn't end well and he was stillborn sad

QueenCee Sun 28-Aug-11 21:52:06

That's so sad.... I'm sorry. And I'm sorry for your BFN again. There are so many positive stories about lap and dyes. I'm sure you're time is just round the corner. Good luck.

cheekycurls Sun 28-Aug-11 21:57:25

yeah it's just got to happen soon, gonna ask consultant for clomid when I see her next week! also doing well on my diet (I'm a bit over weight) and I know this should help as well so things are looking a bit more positive, just wish a test would come up positive!!! haha

FloraPost Sun 28-Aug-11 23:21:35

Yep me too, 6 weeks later. Good luck!

cheekycurls Mon 29-Aug-11 08:02:22

well as I thought AF turned up this morning sad

maybe next month....

mycatthinksshesatiger Mon 29-Aug-11 08:10:54

I was pregnant within 4 weeks after mine. Good luck!smile

cheekycurls Mon 29-Aug-11 08:44:43

hopefully I'll have more luck next month as I ov the day after having it done so maybe it was just a bit close to having the op hmm

lauz1 Wed 15-Aug-12 13:02:59

I had my lap and dye on 19th May, I fell pregnant around the 25th June- so I'm currently 8 and half weeks pregnant. I was the same as QueenCee, I was due on just before my op, and I bled for a bit afterwards, so I had no idea when I was ovulating, but we just carried on having sex right the way throught the month and didnt bother to worry about ovulation dates. The day we were due to go back for my post-op appointment, I took a test and it was positive, I took another 9 tests, just to be sure!! I know for sure now, because the morning sickness has started to kick in. (We had been TTC for nine months prior to my lap and dye). Good Luck!!!!

hippieshake Fri 17-Aug-12 21:50:38

I got pregnant straight after mine having been TTC for a year and a half smile

DD1 is now 12 weeks old x

seabuckthorn Sat 18-Aug-12 08:17:25

I was told you had a higher chance of getting pregnant within 3 months of having a lap and dye. I think I fell pregnant on the third month.
Good luck!

LittlePea14 Sat 18-Aug-12 09:52:49

Hi, I got my BPF 6 months after my jet wash (4 years ttc and 1 month before our first IVF appointment). I fell pregnant whilst relaxing on holiday and not bothering to count due to the IVF appointment the month after we got home.
Hope you get your BFP soon smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now