Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Recommendations for Pregnancy Yoga in NOrth London please

(19 Posts)
TooTiredtoGoogle Mon 04-Jul-11 12:17:52

Can anybody recommend a good pregnancy yoga class please? I'm in Holloway/Tufnell Park area and would prefer daytime class.
TIA

Try the Birthlight website www.birthlight.com or ask your midwife.

iwantavuvezela Mon 04-Jul-11 13:30:29

Yoga Home on Allen Rd N16 do pregnancy yoga classes .... (Might be a bit out of your way? but thats one I know of)

NorthLondonDoulas Mon 04-Jul-11 13:48:11

Maybe a bit further than you would like but i did mine at Copthall swimming pool in Mill Hill.x

TooTiredtoGoogle Mon 04-Jul-11 13:57:17

Thanks all.
Has anyone tried YOGA JUNCTION in Crouch End?
Would be easy for me to get to via bus but wondering what the teaching is like?

NorthLondonDoulas Mon 04-Jul-11 14:21:12

No sorry, but if it is easy for you to get there, go down and observe a class so you can get a feel for the place and the teaching and see if you think it is what you are looking for.x

duzida Mon 04-Jul-11 15:55:15

Active Birth Centre - very near you, by the sound of it. They have daytime classes, they do pregnancy yoga and 'active birth with yoga' which is a bit pricey but I did it a couple of years ago, and Janet Balaskas is very friendly and knowledgable and gives you lots of antenatal-class-style information and talks about birth. Worth a try to see if you like it - I seem to remember that the first session is free, although I might be making that up!

TooTiredtoGoogle Mon 04-Jul-11 20:43:11

Yes, I went to Active Birth for post-natal yoga and it was fab.
Unfortunately, prices have now shot up to £18 a session, and much as I loved it, not sure it's worth that amount.
Fingers crossed Yoga Junction will be similar in ethos smile

vcs27 Mon 04-Jul-11 20:50:44

you could try triyoga in primrose hill. they do pre + post preg yoga classes

Chewie Sun 19-Jan-14 15:21:10

I am starting a new pregnancy yoga class in my home studio near Tufnell Park tube station. Email me at sandrayoga@live.com. Web- www.sandrayoga.com. I am fully qualified (with Yoga Campus) and insured (Yoga Alliance).

YoginiBump Sun 19-Jan-14 22:09:25

I go to a pregnancy yoga class at Bikram Yoga Highbury, close to Holloway Road tube. Saturdays at 1pm. Really good x

Chocolatemolehill Sun 19-Jan-14 22:43:51

I really liked Triyoga in Primrose Hill (did a class with Ayala Gill)

MesM Mon 20-Jan-14 08:58:35

I've heard good things about yoga junction from 2 separate friends - one of them raved about a one day workshop they did (in addition to regular classes) which she said really helped with contractions when she was in labour. I also had a recommendation for the healen centre ( on crouchend broadway). All local to me too so interested in what you think. I'm dithering about yoga v pilates and probably starting to run out of time.

katatonic Mon 20-Jan-14 09:21:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

BettyFriedansLoveChild Mon 20-Jan-14 16:24:08

I went to yoga junction last pregnancy, and will be going again with this one. The instructor (tara) is great, she's had four children herself, so the class is built on her own experience of yoga whilst pregnant. I'd highly recommend it.

Cariad007 Mon 20-Jan-14 16:27:04

I tried Yoga Junction and although the instructor was good I found the class a bit cliquey and unfriendly so I've not felt the desire to return. There is a good instructor at Kentish Town Studios on a Tuesday morning.

Imnotsurehowtogetthisout Mon 20-Jan-14 17:41:17

I think the kentish town on a Tuesday morning teacher is also at the Haelen Centre in crouch end on a Saturday 12-1.30pm - is her name is Kate Hayes? She is really good.

Cariad007 Mon 20-Jan-14 18:03:31

Yes, it's Kate. She taught a Friday night class at KT Studios but unfortunately the studio changed the time and I'm still not on maternity leave so can't attend on Tuesday mornings.

MummyLuce Mon 20-Jan-14 20:42:13

Life centre at on Essex road, 10 min walk from angel. It's sooooo lovely and they do an amazing baby yoga class as well from 6 weeks old x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now