Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Reducing Stillbirth: Count the Kicks Campaign

(509 Posts)
CarGirl Thu 14-Apr-11 19:50:39

I just want to promote "Count The Kicks"

Please read this, if it helps one Mum not suffer the agony of stillbirth it's worth it

http://countthekicks.org.uk/

WhatWillSantaBring Tue 30-Jul-13 09:15:47

Bump

I think its strong movements you're after, not the little fluttery ones. Its really just learning what is normal for your baby and telling your mw if that changes.

catdoctor Tue 30-Jul-13 14:02:59

Sorry if someone's asked this already - I havn't read the whole thread - any options for kick counters other than bracelets ?- I can't wear one easily at work.

MultipleMama Germany Tue 30-Jul-13 19:37:29

I think it's a lovely site. These are babies #5 & #6 and a constant worrier when it comes to kick counting. I have a little book that a jot down estimated kicks in (don't always feel/count every one.)

Twin 1 has severe IUGR and low fluid (since 9w) so every kick he makes is vital to his survival rate. Thankfully he and Twin 2 have good movement to say I'm only 22 weeks.

Never heard of the bracelet before; I may invest in two!

tsw Tue 30-Jul-13 19:42:52

How do the bracelets work? I can't see them in detail.

littlemonkey2013 Wed 31-Jul-13 11:49:12

im all for this count the kicks but not sure when i should be counting/ how? im 23 weeks and have only just started feeling regular kicks. normally i notice periods of kicks like 5-10 over less than 5 mins maybe 5 times a day sometimes more. should i be counting individual kicks or groups of kicks? at the moment 10 in total in a day sounds really low. 10 in sequence seems too much. but maybe in a 2 hour period i will get 10?

the count the kicks chart doesn't seem to be on their website to me but have looked at others, some seem to chart how long it takes to get 10 kicks, some count movement throughout the day? is there a combined chart or should i make one?

a bit confused

twinklyfingers Wed 07-Aug-13 20:00:53

Just wanted to bump, with a reminder that any reduction in movement should be checked with a midwife.

No midwife will scoff at a mum-to-be checking that everything's ok.

badguider Wed 07-Aug-13 20:04:27

I've just got a bracelet because I have an anterior placenta, engaged head already (35wks), he's already back to my tummy and I have strong stomach muscles to start with... all of which mean I don't feel a lot... I know about 20 kicks a day (14hrs) is normal for me/him but because that's relatively few it would be easy to miss if he went quiet.

Before the bracelet I used the phone app but felt very rude getting the phone out every kick.

DaleyBump Sat 24-Aug-13 23:37:32

Shameless bump.

louishemmings Thu 07-Nov-13 22:50:07

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now