Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

Cannot. Stop. Eating.

(8 Posts)
LittleMilla Tue 21-Dec-10 20:54:08

I am 22 weeks and spent the last two weeks just eating non-stop. It's the festive season, and I usually do go for it a bit, but this is rediculous. Will power at an all time low, combined with an appetitite that's gone through the roof. Bump has had a growth spurt, which I am telling myself is why I am super hungry hmm, but I need to get a grip.

I am small and average size for my wieght, put on about 3/4 of a stone so far.

Just wondering if anyone's appetite is going ballistic like mine? Is it 'just a phase' and will things settle down a bit? Going away on Thursday for some winter sun and hoping that a decent amoutn of swimming and less eating will balance things out a bit!

HELP - I need some support.

sotough Tue 21-Dec-10 21:52:54

if you've only put on 3/4 stone so far, what exactly is the problem?

happycamel Tue 21-Dec-10 22:06:20

what? three quarters of a stone at 22 weeks, no wonder you're hungry!

I'm 25 weeks and have put on 1 stone 9 pounds so far. As far as I can tell it's almost all in the bump as I'm wearing pre-pregnancy sized maternity closed.

I think you need to check out the expected weight gain stats and make sure that you aren't effectively dieting and that you're getting enough calories and nutrition for baby. It's totally normal to be quite hungry during pregnancy, especially in the second half.

Don't want to scare you but an attitude of needing to "balance things out" to a 9.5lb weight gain at 22 weeks sounds to me like you haven't adjusted to what having a baby requires of your body. Maybe talk to your mw at the 25 week appointment.

Nightstar Tue 21-Dec-10 22:18:31

I hear you, I never ate chocolate until i got pregnant, now i want it all the time. Really worried about my weight.

happycamel Tue 21-Dec-10 22:47:21

closed? clothes sorry

Leilababyno1 Tue 21-Dec-10 23:05:20

By this stage you should have gained around 1.5 stone...but that is just an average guideline set for pregnancy and all bodies react differently. I agree with happycamel though, maybe you should have a chat with your midwife just to make sure you're not inadvertently dieting. smile

Oneof4 Wed 22-Dec-10 05:11:40

My appetite was pathetic until about 20 weeks, then went through the roof - absolutely impossible to ignore! Then it tailed off again, then back for a week or so. I've just learnt to go with it and try to make sure that the majority of stuff is fruit / cereal etc... interspersed with the odd kilo-bar of Dairy Milk.

LittleMilla Wed 22-Dec-10 10:39:11

Thanks ladies, reassuring to know. I am never sure about what's the normal weight gain, so helpful to know what others have experienced.

I'm eating what seems like a lot and I really am not the type that's afraid of food!

Heartburn is also giving me quite a bit of gyp. Feels like a gastic band - little and often.

Thanks again all. x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now