Would you like to be on Mumsnet's research panel? We're especially keen for parents-to-be and new parents to join. You can sign up here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive on offer for your views.

Pregnant at 45!

(26 Posts)
tabitha333 Mon 04-Oct-10 16:03:51

Hi,

Is there anyone else out there in a similar position to me?
I discovered 2 weeks ago that I am pregnant. Not planned, not assisted therefore.Frankly, I had just moved in with my partner into our new home and so much was going on that I wasnt taking precautions.The risk of falling naturally at 45 is supposed to be almost nil!

I had a scan on weds and there was a heart beat. There is obviously a high risk of miscarriage at my age and so I am trying to carry on as normal. Only my partner knows and he is rather shocked!

I have 3 children from a previous marriage and my youngest is 10 so there would be a big age gap. Frankly, I think I would be a bit embarrased to tell people I am pregnant!

I have very mixed feelings.

Anyone else pregnant naturally in their mid forties? i would love to have some support.

Arranoxford Sun 13-Jan-13 21:43:33

Hi Beetle 84.
My sister has 3 micarriages and went on to have 2 lovely kids in a row without any trouble.

Hang in there and best of luck. xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now