Joint webchat with Conservative and Labour housing minister and shadow housing minister, MONDAY 2 MARCH 1pm x

Would you like to be a member of our research panel? Join here - there's (nearly) always a great incentive offered for your views.

My bump has appeared overnight

(5 Posts)
Kiki84 Thu 05-Aug-10 14:05:53

I'm 18 weeks pregnant with my first baby. I've always been a tiny size 6 or 8 and up until a few weeks ago it just looked like I'd put on a bit of weight. Now it suddenly looks like my bump head appeared out of the blue - how did it grow overnight!? I thought it would take a while to get a bump because I'm so slim. Has this happened to anyone else?

PinkElephant73 Thu 05-Aug-10 14:38:19

bump appears when the uterus appears over the top of your pelvis so can be quite sudden.

I have seen several people on here claim they are showing at 9-10 weeks, seems impossible to me. I am nearly 14 weeks with DC3, am not exactly well-toned and nothing apparent yet.

PJen Thu 05-Aug-10 14:42:57

I WAS as size 6-8 too prepregnancy (god knows what size I am now) and from week 18 to 19 overnight I had a bump from Friday to sunday!! It was so obvious that the jeans that I wore on Monday didn't even have a chance on me next Monday!! Everone at work was surprised as suddenly here I am a preggie walking down the corridor and most ppl didn't know before!

MissCKitty Fri 06-Aug-10 22:21:51

I am 15 weeks and over the last few days my bump seems to have popped right out. I had put some weight on, in the first trimester around my tumm,y but this is definitely a baby bump grin

YellowCecil Sat 07-Aug-10 14:30:34

I'm a size 8 too, but both dh and I noticed a change in my shape from about 10 weeks. I thought that because I'm skinny there was nothing to hide the bump! However, at 16 weeks it is becomming a whole lot more noticeable suddenly, and trousers I could do up (uncomfortably) last week would get close to doing up this week! Was really excited until I realised that it means I have nothing to wear. I still don't look pregnant to anyone else though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now