Nursery have put DD back in to pull ups

(3 Posts)
ginandcake Tue 08-Nov-16 19:38:33

Started potty training DD (2.3) last Thursday because she had been asking for a while to wear knickers like her sister. Disaster few days but by Sunday afternoon we were making definite progress with lots of wees on the potty.

Took her into nursery yesterday and they seemed totally on board with it and she only had one accident yesterday when she was playing in the garden.

Today I pick her up and again she has only had two accidents in quick succession where she has done a poo in her knickers. So because of that they decided to put her back in to pull ups.

Am I being unreasonable to be annoyed by this. I thought two accidents on day 5 is pretty good and don't like the idea of giving her mixed messages. Not sure whether to mention anything tomorrow.

cockadoodledoooo Tue 08-Nov-16 19:58:59

Tell them they are sending your dd mixed msgs and to keep reminding her to go to the potty. If they cannot do that then they are directly going against your wishes and not helping dd meet age related milestones. I would give them one more chance then start loudly complaining. Your paying them not the other way around!

ginandcake Tue 08-Nov-16 22:05:40

Thank you, you are totally right. We have changed nurseries since DD1 was potty trained and the previous nursery was great, never any issues, even though it took her ages to get sorted with poos.

I am sending her in tomorrow wearing knickers and will ask them not to put her back into pull ups. Then she's not in again until Monday anyway when hopefully things will be a bit better.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now