7 year old boy bedwetting

(1 Post)
user1474223786 Mon 19-Sep-16 21:52:26

hi all. my boy has never been dry at night. I took him to the Dr's who refered him to the enurisis (sp?!) clinic, about 3 months later the school nurse (of all people) called me to say it had been passed to her, I did question why she was dealing with a non school issue...long story...anyway, without seeing him she decided he was terribly constipated and must go through the horrors of decompaction which is basically enough laxative to make him poop water and without control. Don't panic, I refused such a silly idea. my boy (TMI) poo's every other day, he's not constipated at all. I refused her idea as my boy is a skinny thing, I wouldnt risk him loosing weight as he's on the lower percentile anyway. So I went back to the dr, who still said "well maybe he is, how long do you sit on the toilet little man?" now...anyone with a child is well aware that 10 minutes sat still to a boy is an eternity. So when he said "oh HOURS" the dr totally ignored me, said "yup, constipated, give him this" I actually wanted to cry! I told her there is no way he is constipated, and certainly not for all of his 7 years, so when will you accept he is not bunged up and help him? 3 weeks time she says, but she wanted me to give him movicol...fine...I have given him 1 packet a day for 3 days and he went really loose so i stopped. we are back tomorrow at the drs, oh joy of joy! tonight however he broke my heart. so he wet the bed, poor thing only woke up because the doorbell went, realised he was wet and tried to hide it. i spotted it when i went to tuck him back in and said not to worry, i'll sort it now and he broke down into tears "whats wrong with me, why am i broken, i hate myself" etc. I actually wanted to cry, poor mite. this doctor had better pull her finger out and help my boy because i won't be fobbed off again!!! angry he was born with a stomach issue and every remote stomach bug etc since has been blamed on that even though he had the op at 6 weeks to resolve it. makes me so mad!!! like its the easy fob off answer.

any one else had/having these issues? or any tips to share? I'd be really greatful to hear from you. When i say bed wetting, i mean he wears night time pull ups, and it STILL going through them. each morning those nappies are soaked.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now