Wedding with a potty training toddler - what would you do?

(5 Posts)
sleepyhead Mon 25-Apr-16 12:27:28

We're attending a wedding next week with ds2 who is just turned 3 and 2 weeks into potty training.

He's 90% reliable for wees if he's not wearing anything on his lower half hmm but when he's dressed we're still at 1 or 2 changes of clothes a day. Poos are another matter entirely.

Also, he's wearing a kilt and, while I've no direct experience of potty training and skirts, I'm thinking there's more scope for a puddle.

We should just put him in pullups for the day and take him to the loo regularly shouldn't we? Even just writing it down I'm thinking I'm mad for considering anything else.

GeezAJammyPeece Mon 25-Apr-16 22:19:11

Difficult!
I see why you maybe don't want to feel like you are taking a step backwards or something by reverting to pull ups, but honestly, I think that's probably the most practical solution.

All the excitement, not to mention the fact that he'll end up needing to go at the most inopportune moments, will be a nightmare!
Imagine the palaver of changing & storing a sodden or soiled kilt sad

I think you are right, Pull ups and plenty toilet breaks is probably the way to go!

Lindy2 Mon 25-Apr-16 22:30:53

I sometimes used the technique of the child wearing pants but putting a nappy or pull up over the top. If they do wet they can feel it but you are safe from a puddle.
I think you'll all enjoy yourselves more with some kind of pull up in place. It is only for 1 day so won't really set you back at all.

sleepyhead Tue 26-Apr-16 13:36:42

Pullups it is. Good idea about pants underneath.

1angrydwarf Tue 26-Apr-16 13:40:11

Pull ups. Anything else would be madness. And potentially really inappropriate given nice venues/carpets/chair covers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now