help my four year old wont poo 😭

(6 Posts)
hannah9360 Wed 20-Apr-16 03:43:58

My four year old has been holding his poos in for quite some time he runs around untill he dosnt need it anymore he sits on the toilet an jumps straight off he screams and says it hurts doctors gave him movicol and said make him sit on the toilet daily asif I havnt tried everything I could I just cant get him to go no matter what I try any advice as hes waking of a night and running round house crying because he need a poo but simply dosnt wont to go I also have a new born so this is gettin really tiering xconfused

hannah9360 Wed 20-Apr-16 04:22:10

Anyone,

winchester1 Wed 20-Apr-16 05:27:55

Will he go in a nappy or on the floor crouched over a nappy. Is he scared of the toilet / sitting on the toilet?

For now I'd let him do anything that gets him pooing again.

Has pooing hurt before because of constipation so he is stopping himself?

hannah9360 Fri 22-Apr-16 09:27:18

He will not go anywhere yes hes been constipated b4 and is really scared of the toilet he does go eventually after about a week of crying and running about the house i really have tried everything I know xx

salls79 Sun 24-Apr-16 21:24:54

Hi. There is a book by sophia Ferguson "stool withholding" which I think would really help you. You can get it from Amazon. X

hannah9360 Mon 25-Apr-16 00:11:13

Thank you love I will buy it wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now