Working full time - potty training help!

(6 Posts)
Sophhhmh Thu 10-Mar-16 13:39:04

I am really struggling to get started with potty training my daughter who is 2 years and 10 months old.

Myself and my husband work full time and my daughter spends her Monday with my mother in-law, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday with a Childminder and Friday with my mum - therefore i'm relying on everyone else to be implimenting the potty training!

I am struggling to know where to start and to throw into the mix, my daughter suffers with constipation and on some days can go through 10+ nappies where she is attempting to poo.

So with the above taken into account, where do I start?! confused

Iguessyourestuckwithme Thu 10-Mar-16 13:41:53

I would try and book a Friday off so that you can do the first 3 days yourself are you sure she's ready. Dc1 (girl) was 2 years 3 months when I started and trained in 2.5 days with both so it is possible.

jellybean321 Wed 16-Mar-16 21:52:55

Following...as myself and my husband also work full time and my son is 3 now. We too are wanting to potty train but struggling where to start with juggling work and childminders.

Xmasbaby11 Wed 16-Mar-16 21:57:27

We did it with dd in nursery 4 days a week. It was no problem. We started her on a Monday so she had 4 days in a row at nursery. By Friday she was pretty much dry all the time - just 1 or 2 accidents over the week.

We left it quite late with dd though because she was constipated and didn't want to use a potty /toilet for months. I think she was about 3y 5m.

If I were you I'd start her on a childminder day - they know what they're doing!

jellybean321 Wed 16-Mar-16 22:34:21

Lol v true x

whatsoever Tue 22-Mar-16 08:15:05

I work 4 days and DH works FT (DS in nursery 4 days).
We took a week off work to do it - I made DH take a week off with me, no way was I doing that alone!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now