when to start potty training?

(3 Posts)
samlewis2007 Fri 19-Feb-16 11:02:32

At what age do you start potty training. My daughter is 6 I cant remember how old she was. My little boy is nearly 18months. Do boys tend to potty train sooner or later than girls? Been told by family you will know when they are ready. But looking for more advice?

BloodyDogHairs Fri 19-Feb-16 11:10:05

With my 1st 2 DC's I potty trained early due to pressure from others, it took them ages to learn to use the toilet, both had accidents ALOT and were bed wetters. For my 3rd I waited until he no longer wanted to wear a nappy, which was 2.4yrs. He turns 3 next month and has only had a few accidents (less than 10) and is dry at night.

I have a 2 yr old and I'm holding off until the summer before I even mention potty training (she'll be 2.8yrs).

samlewis2007 Fri 19-Feb-16 11:25:07

I think that's what it is pressure from peoples opinions on things. I remember my daughter didn't want to wear a nappy when I started with her and took two days but cant remember how old she was. My son pulls his nappy off any chance he gets but think that's him being mischievous.
Thank you for reply smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now