Dry at night

(3 Posts)
baby0684 Fri 29-Jan-16 09:39:06

My son is 3 1/2. He was potty trained just before he was 3. He is perfect during the day. Only took a week to do it.
But still 9 months later he is still extremely wet at night. I make sure he doesn't have much to drink after 6pm. He goes to the toilet before bed, and as soon as he is awake, I take his nappy off (sometimes he does it himself).
How do I get him out of nappies at night?

MummaMeerkat Sat 30-Jan-16 08:01:47

No answers for you I'm afraid but we're in the same boat. DD dry in the day since 2.3 years, she's now 4 and her pull up has recently been dry 2-3 mornings a week. Wondered if the pull up was hindering progress so no pull ups the last 2 nights. 2 wet beds, last night she didn't even wake when she wet.
Not sure what to do now? Is she just not ready so do we keep using pull ups at night?

Chocolatehooverer Sun 31-Jan-16 21:41:13

I wouldn't worry at all. My DS was mainly dry in the day by 3, but stopped wearing pyjama pants just before his 5th birthday.

I understand boys need some sort of hormone to kick in that keeps them dry at night, so I just waited it out. I know my nephew was about 7 when he was dry at night, so tried not to stress. A few months before he turned 5 though, he started to show anxiety about it; saying he was too old for them etc. So I borrowed a bedwetting alarm from a friend and gave it a go. Apatently they work well mainly for older kids e.g. 6-8 year old. But I think because DS had the will, it worked a treat. It seems to trigger the brain into associating bed wetting with a horrific noise.

So I wouldn't worry at all for the time-being. There are tonnes of boys his age who will not be dry.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now