We've messed up - please help us get back on track

(3 Posts)
Threesoundslikealot Sun 17-Jan-16 11:45:54

My son is 2.8. We moved at Christmas and the only preschool with a place insists on toilet trained children. He didn't seem ready but as soon as we'd moved, we started training. But we were completely shit - we had so much going on with unpacking that we just couldn't give him enough attention. Also he's not ready at all - resistant to sitting on the potty, waits till he gets off to wee etc. 2.5 weeks in he is basically just incontinent. The preschool are being very kind but he has several accidents every morning. They only take him to the loo once an hour. Back home he still won't use the potty other than occasionally.

My daughter trained at the same age in three days, but she was ready. If not for preschool I would stick him back in nappies and wait a few weeks but I can't.

Any advice on how we can sort this? I think we've screwed up badly. My poor little boy.

sofiahelin1 Sun 17-Jan-16 11:50:21

I'm sorry no advice, just to say is it even possible to train a child who isn't ready?! 1 of mine was later than the others at 3.3 I just don't know how it would've happened sooner because he wasn't bothered.

Threesoundslikealot Sun 17-Jan-16 12:13:10

I don't know, Sofia.

With my daughter I used a method where you took all their clothes off and watched them constantly to find out their cues for a wee/poo, which was meant to work on any child, 'ready' or not. I simply don't have the time or opportunity to do that with him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now