how many accidents is normal?

(5 Posts)
laulea82 Mon 21-Dec-15 19:02:36

My little girl is 2y 3months. Since 22 months she has done the odd wee and even the odd poo on the toilet and / or potty. She recently started asking to use the toilet so I took this as a sign she was ready and nursery agreed. Took off be nappies and tried for a few days. Day one only one accident (wee) then the next refused the loo all day and ended up with a nappy (grandmas house). Started afresh today and 4 accidents (including one poo accident).

She has very good physical control and can go for 2 hours plus and I can see her holding it in. When she can't hold it anymore she either chooses potty or decided to just do it in her pants. Even if I have just prompted her she sometimes decides not to use the potty. She doesn't mind being wet or soiled in the slightest. I think the problem is being distracted. If she's busy playing or eating she will never stop what she's doing to use the loo. She prefers to just do it in her pants rather than miss out on something.

Is it a case of perseverance or back to nappies bed try again in a month or so?

Any advice gratefully received.

Mcgieml3 Tue 29-Dec-15 14:10:24

In exactly the same position. Day two multiple accidents. Despite successful use of the loo most evenings - definitely has control. Refusing to go on the loo at all today. Don't know if I should persist?

Floralnomad Tue 29-Dec-15 14:14:18

With what you have described I would go back to nappies / pull ups until she actually wants to cooperate .

AnnoyedByAlfieBear Tue 29-Dec-15 14:55:33

My ds was like this. After about a week, it finally clicked.

laulea82 Tue 29-Dec-15 15:41:25

Thank you. We are now on day 8 and doing SO much better! 2-3 accidents a day including Christmas Day runs! She has accidents when she is busy playing. Nursery are pleased with her progress. We are doing it the hard way and it is very hard work!! But - it's working! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now