Is this normal?

(4 Posts)
welshnat Wed 16-Apr-14 17:54:29

Today I started potty training with DS 2.4. He has Ben reluctant until now to leave his nappy off but agreed to this morning.

So predictably we had quite a lot of accidents until he finally managed to have a wee on the potty. I rewarded with cho buttons and lots of mamas big boy. Since then he's weed a lot on the potty but he only seems to run to the potty after he's already started weeing.

So he knows he should wee on the potty but doesn't seem to realise when he is going to wee. Is this normal? Will he learn as we go along? Or is he not ready and I should stop until he is?

Chocolateteabag Fri 18-Apr-14 08:04:09

I think normal, he hasn't yet learnt the feelings that precede a wee are what they are. Also not practised holding wee in so muscles are not trained.

adfi123 Fri 18-Apr-14 11:11:32

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Bicnod Fri 18-Apr-14 11:23:40

That sounds great for day one! The fact he is running for the potty at all is brilliant. Stick with it, he'll get it.

We're on week two with DS2 and no accidents at all last few days plus poos on the actual toilet grin and he did nowhere near as well as your DS on day one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now