Am I doing this right?

(1 Post)
jaydestar Tue 08-Apr-14 17:00:21

Hi

I have put my little girl (who is 2 and a quarter) into knickers after building up to it over the last few months of pull up pants. She has no problem sitting on the toilet doing both wees and poos.

Its the second week and I am questioning what i am doing is right.

She will always ask to go to the toilet when we are out. She will always ask to go to the toilet (at home if she needs a poo).

Around every 2 - 3 hours I will ask her if she needs to go to the toilet. 50% of the time she says no, however if we walk up the stairs and head to the bathroom, she will say yes she needs to go and she does.

If we remain downstairs (usually playing etc..) she was say no.

1st week in - 4 days of dry knickers and 3 days of wee accidents (2 for the day).

My question is: do I wait at home for her to ask or do I still prompt her every 2-3 hours if she needs to go?

I have also introduced the "sticker chart" so at the end of the day, if she is dry all day - she gets a sticker, which she likes.

Today I haven't prompted her, and we have had two accidents. Once she started weeing and then stopped - finished off at the toilet. the other was in the garden playing (but didnt realise she had done a wee).

Help would be appreciated, if we are doing this right? Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now