Dd 2.8 weeing in temper

(3 Posts)
lizandlulu Tue 01-Apr-14 21:57:35

My dd is 2.8, we have been potty training her for the last 6 months, at her insistence. She refused to wee a nappy, wanted to try, so I let her and she has done really well. Very few accidents recently. Nearly always manages to get to the toilet on time and can hold it for a reasonable length of time.
This last few weeks, she has been weeing herself when she has a temper tantrum.
Is this something she is consciously doing? Or is it something hat she has no control of? Abit like when an adult pees when they sneee. (sometimes!!!) but he same principle?

Anyone else had this?

Des it last? How do I handle it for the best?

girlywhirly Wed 02-Apr-14 07:41:21

I think it sounds like loss of control as you say she is still having a few accidents. I suspect she is less able to hold on while screaming and angry.

I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and not give in to her demand or be all sympathetic about the wetting. Take a calm and matter of fact approach to cleaning up, because if there is a chance DD is doing it on purpose, or gets the idea that wetting will elicit lots of reaction, that will create more difficulty.

lizandlulu Wed 02-Apr-14 21:38:51

Thank you for replying, yes that's what I'm doing at the moment. Although it is getting harder not to gt cross at her as time goes on. She doesn't do it at nursery. I mentioned it to them and they had never even seen her have a tantrum!

Will just persevere on

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now