Stupid question but best clothes for potty training?

(5 Posts)
frankietwospots Sun 17-Nov-13 21:13:33

My DS who is 23 months had his first poo and wee on the potty today followed by a celebratory 'I did it!' Obviously it's fine for him to run around in the buff at home but I tend to dress him in vests with poppers for nursery with a long sleeved top and jersey trousers. I like vests with poppers as they keep him warm and snug, plus I like how they make his nappy nice and secure. But clearly they are a hindrance when he wants to go on the potty as the poppers bit flaps about. Is it time to ditch the poppers and try normal vests? If so, which are the best ones? I never like seeing the top of toddlers' nappies sticking up over their waistband but I guess I'll have to deal!

BornToFolk Sun 17-Nov-13 21:17:53

Yeah, I think potty training pretty much signals the end of popper vests! When DS was training, he mostly wore jogging bottoms or other trousers with jersey waistbands so they could be whipped down as soon as possible.

He mostly wears M&S vests as he's long in the body and these seem to cover him well.

bigbuttons Sun 17-Nov-13 21:18:23

Yep, normal toddler vest, tracksuit bottoms as they are easy for dc to pull down. I would also suggest him going without pants until he is trained. Pants are just another thing they have to manage. A quick pull down of jogging bottoms makes the whole affair much much easier smile

CallMeNancy Sun 17-Nov-13 21:20:43

Not dungarees smile
Easy washable, easily removable, absorbent clothes. For you & him.

aGnotherGnu Sun 17-Nov-13 21:22:08

You can't potty train with popper vests IMO- your DS needs to be able to get his trousers and pants up and down on his own to take himself to the potty.

So trousers with elasticated waists, ordinary vests and things that wash and dry quickly are a bonus as you will get through a lot of bottoms!

I just got some nice vests from Next - I avoid the really cheap ones as they shrink and end up too short in the body

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now