4 and still poos in pants

(5 Posts)
newmumof2at42 Mon 04-Nov-13 21:18:36

DS has been trained - pee - for over a year. was 4 may. Has started primary school and had one accident wit poo. Wont poo at home and never did. Went to hv and she suggested just leave it and it will develop. Not a chance. He will be 4.5 shortly. Any ideas. He holds it till it is nearly in his pants and then says he needs to go. It just sits there till it drops. It - the poo - is already out. Never an accident with pee - not even at night.

nextphase Tue 05-Nov-13 20:22:48

Sounds very similar to us.
Was out with similar aged friend at the weekend, and parents just told them "hold it in til were home". We're immediate bush alert, and then bag it and bin it (al la dog poo!)
No advice tho, sorry.
Did have a lot of success with reducing fruit intake and poo control improving. Tho that has moved us to immediate alert, rather than "in my pants, Mummy"

slowcooker Wed 06-Nov-13 12:40:35

I came to find some help so I can't help you really.

My DD is 31 months; about 6 weeks ago decided she will stop wearing nappies on her own accord. Honestly one morning she refused to wear a nappy after I changed her and thankfully I had all the necessary stuff: pants, potties and seat for toilet so I started the potty training that very day. She cracked it all pretty soon only to then stop going to the potty/toilet for a poo sad She's been doing it in her pants. She goes to nursery a few days a week and I don't know if this had to to anything with her regression.

slowcooker Wed 06-Nov-13 13:00:14

I found something on another thread and will try it search: Poo goes to Pooland if the link does not work.

Good luck to you, too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rkvdte4ZIFE

newmumof2at42 Thu 07-Nov-13 15:45:49

Just tried that after accident in school and then at home. He seems to have got the point. Heres hoping. He did ask why they came every day. Thank you. It has opened a discussion about poo.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now