DS has decided today is the day - help!

(7 Posts)
PseudoBadger Mon 04-Nov-13 10:26:21

Ok so DS (2 years 9 months) has decided that he's not going to wear a nappy today, and for the first time ever has been happy to sit on the potty.

I have a 4 week old dd - help! I'm guessing she'll be a bit neglected...
So far he's had choc buttons for sitting on the potty, and watched an episode of a favourite (short) programme whilst sitting there too. One wee on the floor, and I told him never mind but let's try and get it in the potty next time. I'm going to take him to the potty again soon (or maybe the loo).

What else should I do?

Chopsypie Mon 04-Nov-13 10:29:54

For the first few days remind him every 20 mins or so. Lots of bribery, and lots of praise when he gets it right. Keep him in trousers that are easy to get off (I found pjs were the best!)

Good luck

PseudoBadger Mon 04-Nov-13 13:58:07

Thank you smile

PseudoBadger Tue 05-Nov-13 10:08:07

Well this morning he was much more reluctant to go near/on the potty, and then did a poo in the middle of his toy table. He then exclaimed in horror "what's that mummy!?" And burst into tears and begged and tied to have a nappy on. So I've decided to back off and wait until he's feeling happier again. He's gone to the childminder today with pants and nappies, keeping options open!

Chopsypie Tue 05-Nov-13 10:45:08

Oh dear. Best not to push if he's feeling unsure.

Bless him at 'what's that'.

Aeroaddict Tue 05-Nov-13 10:48:01

I think you are doing the right thing, relax and be guided by him. It is a good sign that he is showing interest. I'd just encourage that, without pushing. Congratulations on your new baby!

PseudoBadger Tue 05-Nov-13 11:12:43

Thank you, I was worried about going backwards but it is no good forcing him, that's not my style too much hard work grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now