Nappies still soaking through the night

(4 Posts)
emilyrhino Wed 23-Oct-13 14:43:33

Hiya

My little girl is 3 years and 6 months, dry during the day and has been for some time. However not getting anywhere with getting her out of nappies overnight. She says she doesnt want to wear nappies anymore because she isnt a baby but is wet every morning sad
She is a really deep sleeper. I have tried without nappys and using the sheet to see if that worked but no joy just soaked bedding all the time. At the mo she is back in pullups at night and we are getting her up when we go to bed for a wee which she always does but come morning the pullup is still wet. She says she doesnt know she is weeing in her sleep because she says she is too busy dreaming of princesses bless her smile
WHAT SHALL I DO??!!!

Apologies if you've already tried this, but have you tried getting her up for a dream wee at 9 or 10pm?

ScottishInSwitzerland Wed 23-Oct-13 20:58:48

I think 3 1/2 is still really early. My dd is similar age (born April 2010). She has just had two dry nights in a row. But until two days ago was very wet in the mornings.

I had been thinking if she still needed pull ups at five I would start to worry!

Honestly I think it will sort itself in time. Most of the 3 1/2 - 4 year olds I know are either in pull ups at night or their mums have loads of laundry!

I read somewhere that lifting them to wee isn't good as it conditions them to wee at say 10pm. Can't remember where I read that though.

I bet it will just sort itself in time

emilyrhino Thu 07-Nov-13 09:53:55

Hi ladies
Thanks for your input.. Yes we get her up for a wee when we go to bed and to be honest the naps are getting drier maybe she does just need time smile xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now