can you recommend a waterproof mattress protector?

(8 Posts)
dedado Thu 19-Sep-13 12:02:18

In a cot bed / toddler bed size. I've looked for reviews online but would appreciate more ideas. Ideally a non-crinkly, breathable one.

nextphase Thu 19-Sep-13 21:21:40

Hippychick.
Still going strong with DS2.
Can't fault them, except they aren't cheep.

dedado Thu 19-Sep-13 22:50:45

Thanks, I tthought they looked good but some amazon reviews said they shrunk or lost the waterproofing after a few washes. Sounds like you've been okay with them though.

nextphase Fri 20-Sep-13 08:46:26

We don't wash unless there is a reason to, or I think its been a few months - they always have a sheet over the top.
Don't own a tumble drier.

So maybe over use and soaking has reduced the waterproofing? But ours are still going strong 4 years down the line.

ErrolTheDragon Fri 20-Sep-13 08:49:25

The ones I've got have been washed so often that the label is illegible... I think I found one of them via the ERIC website which should be a good place to look. (the other was I think from Debenhams) HTH.

dedado Fri 20-Sep-13 13:57:02

Thanks. aldi have them in their special deals this week so I'll try there (4.99!) Polyurethane like the ones that are usually more expensive

https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/thursday-19th-september/

milkyjo Mon 23-Sep-13 22:35:31

Argos have the silent night one on special offer at £7.99. We've only just put it on, had one accident. Dries really quickly after washing and is not crunchy or noisy at all.

FacebookWanker Mon 23-Sep-13 22:40:03

We bought ours from John Lewis. It has been pretty good so far. It had rave reviews...the best thing for me is that it doesn't make DR too hot...I don't think it cost that much...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now