Aaaaaaaagggggghhhhhhhgh!!!!!!!!

(11 Posts)
hawkmcqueen Wed 18-Sep-13 19:11:59

Sorry just venting, really, really cross!!!!!! Aaaaaggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!! Don't even need replies just raging!

My DD is now in week 4 of potty training and still keeps peeing her pants! I think she is now doing it deliberately.
So not to compare but my son was potty trained completely in one week. Sorted. I am now finished potty training my DD but unfortunately she isn't finished.

So yes I know I sound harsh but working full time, pregnant with DC3, DH away and trying to cook dinner, I do not need to sort out wet floors and clothes, especially when I asked her to use the loo and she decides to pee in her pants beside it.

Finished rant.

That sounds really frustrating. There comes a point where I think that saying "accidents happen, never mind" has to come to an end. I'm pretty firm when DD has accidents as she does know better. Or perhaps chocolate button bribes might help.

Happiestinwellybobs Wed 18-Sep-13 19:44:02

I have no advice, only empathy. I actually cried tonight. We are on week 6 or 7. After a fantastic first couple of weeks, it seemed to go downhill. This weekend ? Fab, then I picked her up from nursery and she's had 4 accidents, then just weed in her pants while I was playing with her. I am fed up of washing pants which she has weed or pooed in sad

I feel like giving up, but she knows what to do. I am going back to basics again. Reward chart and chocolate will be featuring heavily over the next few days whilst I am off.

hawkmcqueen Wed 18-Sep-13 20:00:19

Thanks so much for the moral support, I thought I would get red arrowed with my rant :-) thanks breatheslowly, thanks happiest. I think I do need to breathe slowly actually. And sorry for your frustrations too happiest. They said girls are meant to be easier than boys, they lied!

Happiestinwellybobs Wed 18-Sep-13 20:18:45

Oh I'm fine now - having had a Wednesday wine and eaten a pack of DD's bribery chocolate buttons, am feeling much better grin.

I have decided that all those parents who say that they trained their DD in less than a week are either lying, or have forgotten. I didn't think it would be this hard.

hawkmcqueen Wed 18-Sep-13 20:33:13

Me too, calmness has descended and I ate one freddo bar, one break away and a packet of crisps (last two items substituting glass of wine) :-)

Tomorrow's a new day, let's do this!

I'm not convinced about the "trained in a day with no accidents" thing. That must be pretty rare.

BoffinMum Sat 21-Sep-13 16:15:20

Most children take a few weeks, some take forever (it seems).Try her with the expensive character potty of her choice and lots of chocolate buttons and stickers on star charts. She'll get there. wink

mumoftwoboysS Wed 25-Sep-13 13:42:02

hawk I sympathise- I'm trying to train DS2, first day though but can't get one poo or wee in the potty and I'm already frustrated! Also pg with DC3 and need to get DC2 potty trained before he/she arrives!

good luck and it may comfort you to know others are embarking on a weeks long/months long potty training nightmare at the same time!

NomDeClavier Wed 25-Sep-13 13:51:04

Oh how I sympathise! We've been trying with DS for nearly 10 days. I thought he'd got it and then nothing. He says he doesn't need a wee then wees 2 minutes later. He stands there pooing refusing to budge to go to the potty. He sits in the potty at regular intervals and just plays with his willy. Aaaaargh!

He's the most challenging child I've ever trained, girl or boy. I think some are just plain difficult.

NomDeClavier Wed 25-Sep-13 13:55:24

Oh how I sympathise! We've been trying with DS for nearly 10 days. I thought he'd got it and then nothing. He says he doesn't need a wee then wees 2 minutes later. He stands there pooing refusing to budge to go to the potty. He sits in the potty at regular intervals and just plays with his willy. Aaaaargh!

He's the most challenging child I've ever trained, girl or boy. I think some are just plain difficult.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now