Night time wetting substitute for duvet

(8 Posts)
AuntieBranflake Wed 18-Sep-13 12:16:06

My DD and DS1 are both still in pull-ups at night, but they often leak for DS1 meaning soggy duvet as well as sheets. Washing the duvet is a complete pain, so am thinking of taking it away and using something else. But what? Now winter is fast approaching it can't just be a sheet. Any ideas for something that is warm, but easy to wash and get dry?

I bought several cheap summer weight duvets from John lewis (I think they were 2.5 tog). Because they were very thin I could wash and dry them at home rather than needing to go to the laundrette. I kept several duvets made up in the wardrobe to make the middle of the night changes easier. If it was cold I added a fleece blanket because fleece dried really quickly in the dryer. Would your DC be happy with just a fleece blanket?

AuntieBranflake Thu 19-Sep-13 12:00:05

I was looking at eiderdowns, as they would be padded and covered at the same time, but all the ones I have seen have been gigantic fancy decorative down to the floor things - which would not reduce the washing workload!

DS1 is always 'too hot', so probably would be fine with just a fleece blanket. Probably not DD though, but maybe I will try sheet and blanket for her. And one child at a time.
Sigh - I just wish the whole sorry saga would come to an end! Oh, and hope that DS2 fares better smile.

JustPondering Thu 19-Sep-13 12:03:45

Vertbaudet have a fire engine eiderdown, bit expensive at almost £100 but they always seem to have money off codes.

MoominsYonisAreScary Thu 19-Sep-13 12:19:39

Mine has been using a fleece blanket, weve just bought him a thomas bed though so hes insisting on sleeping with his thomas fleese or in his thomas sleeping bag at the moment, which is working quite well as it drys really quickly (we dont have a dryer)

JamInMyWellies Thu 19-Sep-13 12:23:00

I bought a cheap duvet from next that I put in the machine and dryer. If middle of the night soaking occur I have a cheap sleeping bag at hand to chuck over DS2

I made covers for duvets and things out of that towelling waterproof sheet fabric. I use the fitted sheets for them to sleep on

timeforahaircut Thu 19-Sep-13 12:42:30

hippychick do a waterproof duvet cover. Not quite as "nice" as their waterproof sheets but handy if you're dealing with wet duvets a lot otherwise. I got them from Amazon.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now