potty at home.....nappy when out

(6 Posts)
bron226 Mon 16-Sep-13 23:59:02

hey all, need bit of help/advice my 2 yr old has been happily using the potty at home for about a month now, she will ask for her potty if its not out and will get excited when shes done a wee and help mummy clean and wash her potty. my problem is she is terrified of the toilet she screams and gets so upset every time i try to put her on her toilet seat. she understands that the toilet is where mummy and daddy go when they need a wee. but this doesn't help.
when it comes to going out she wont leave the house without a nappy, even if she did shes so scared of the toilet that she wouldnt use it anyway. i dont really know what to do.

any ideas would be great???? (sorry its long) x

lorisparkle Tue 17-Sep-13 07:40:29

Have you got a potette - travel potty. It was the best thing I ever bought. Once she is used to using it you can put it flat on a normal toilet. However she us still little and big toilets are scary. Has she got a good step for stability at home.

2beornot Wed 18-Sep-13 20:34:32

I was about to suggest the potette too. In the early days I left ours ready to go under the pushchair.

SilveryMoon Wed 18-Sep-13 20:38:25

I had a potette too. Well, a cheaper version from Mothercare. I started off just getting it out anywhere and then after a while, started moving potty to a bathroom, so if we were out, we'd get into the habit of having to find a toilet to get the potty out, then go through flushing the toilet (even though mess was in a bag) and washing hands and using the dryer, just to get them used to the noises when out.
We also potty and toilet trained teddy too.

bron226 Thu 26-Sep-13 17:03:13

she has a step at home that she loves to get on and wash hands just refuses to say when she needs a wee when out and will not wear pants. i put them on then her trousers and she will take them straight off again little monkey. will defiantly check out the potette. thanks ladies x

5madthings Thu 26-Sep-13 17:09:09

I have apottette for my daughter, just keep it under the pushchair its great smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now