is it to early

(5 Posts)
leeanne6385 Mon 16-Sep-13 04:56:05

my 19 month old d has been asking for pee pee taking nappy off and using potty for while now she has peed and done a poo in it i have her in pull ups she still wets pull ups but constantly asking for potty so waistin lot of nappys i tried her in pants and she constantly wet them n carpets n wouldn use potty so thouhht she no ready put nappy back on and she then asked for potty what do i do

Lucyadams184 Mon 16-Sep-13 21:11:46

I would go with it, with pull ups if I was you or see if there is any kind of disposable pull up to help with the cost. Good luck, just think it will be worth it in the end.

TerrorMeSue Mon 16-Sep-13 21:15:06

Go of it! This age is so much easier than during the terrible twos. Just remember that even once they get the hang of it, you may still need to take them to the loo every 2hrs to begin with, then every 3 after a while.

TerrorMeSue Mon 16-Sep-13 21:16:17

Start by staying at home and keeping her naked from waist down. On potty v frequently, lots of books to read, or interesting toys. Once she's got the hang of naked try trousers, no pants. Pants feel a lot like a nappy to toddlers.

monim1 Tue 17-Sep-13 05:41:50

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now