Fantastic on the potty....until you put her in pants!

(8 Posts)
SJG23 Sat 14-Sep-13 09:37:51

My little girl is just over 2,and will happily use the potty when not wearing anything.but as soon as we put pants on her,no matter how many times I remind her she needs to let me know when she needs a wee, it always ends with her wetting herself. Getting so frustrated as I know she can do it without and doesn't have any accidents then. Iv been told to use pull ups but I don't want to confuse her anymore. Any tips or advice would be appreciated! Thank you

MsFiremanSam Sat 14-Sep-13 18:04:50

Have just trained DS, nearly 3, and he did this for about a week. We just reminded him after every accident that he should use his potty next time. Eventually he just got it! One thing that really helped him was watching other children use a potty - that seemed to really spur him on to be a 'big boy'. Good luck - it's frustrating when you feel like they're not progressing but she will get it eventually!

englishbreakfast Sat 14-Sep-13 23:47:14

We are in the same boat with 2.5yo DD. Have been potty training for 1.5 weeks (second attempt) and she's going brilliantly without pants and hasn't had any accidents after day 2. BUT, she would only wee in the potty and doesn't ask to go when she wears pants or when we are outside and also won't poo in the potty and can hold poos for days. So at this stage we have to put nappy on for poos, because when we tried without she went 4 days with no poos, so we had to resort to a nappy as were worried about constipation. So no advice I'm afraid, but am watching this space. x

LaVitaBellissima Sun 15-Sep-13 00:13:54

Marking place too, I'm in the same boat with twins aged 2.10 months

cupcakelover1983 Sun 15-Sep-13 00:21:10

My DS had this problem too. Eventually I phoned the hv who advised putting him in trousers with no pants. After about a week he decided that he wanted to wear pants too. I also bought him some fireman sam pants which encouraged him too. Hang on in there!grin

SJG23 Sun 15-Sep-13 07:41:01

Tried again with the pants again yesterday and she wet herself in every pair sad Iv just resorted to leaving her nappy and pants free while in the house with only a pull up when we go out. Hopefully another few days/a week maybe doing that and I'll try the pants again. Thanks for advice MsFiremanSam and cupcakelover1983!And good luck englishbreakfast,LaVitaBellissima.I'm glad it's not just me! Will keep you informed smile

BlahBlahYackedySmackedy Sun 15-Sep-13 15:57:22

I'm in the same position! So no advice I'm afraid just keeping my eye on the post. DD is 2.4 and gets everything in the potty with no pants on. But as soon as she has she will wet them. She hardly seems bothered by it either sad I thought maybe it was pulling up and down in time she was having trouble getting the hang of..

SJG23 Sun 15-Sep-13 18:36:47

Well today I put her in a skirt so it was like she was wearing clothes but not pants which seemed to work (although I appreciate this doesn't really help for boys!!) but it feels like we've made a tiny bit of progress smile my plan is just to keep her like this for the next few days and only put a pull up on for bed and when we have to go out and then try with the pants again too

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now