When to ditch night time pull ups?

(4 Posts)
VinegarDrinker Fri 13-Sep-13 09:54:13

DS is 2 y6m, he PT himself about 2 months ago. I wasn't expecting night dryness for ages, but since then his morning pull ups are dry almost every day. I can't remember the last time one was wet. He has a potty in his room and occasionally uses it overnight but mostly just goes til the morning no problems.

We reuse the pull ups a couple of times if dry, but it's still an expense we could do without!

Should we just bite the bullet?

nextphase Fri 13-Sep-13 13:38:09

When you get a week where the weather looks good for drying loads of sheets, give it a go!

DS1 ditched pullups at his request well before 3. We had a couple of accidents (have a space set of sheets in easy reach incase you do need to change the sheets at 3am!), and give it a go for a week.

VinegarDrinker Sat 14-Sep-13 08:58:38

Thanks. I'm not sure why I think he'll suddenly start wetting the bed when the last wet pull up must be over a month ago, I guess it's a comfort blanket for me! Have 10 week old DD too so really don't want to get up in the night more than I am already!

mumto3crazykids Tue 17-Sep-13 01:16:22

I would definately get rid of the pull up. You don't want him starting to rely on the pull up. I read a really interesting article on facebook about the cost of pull ups vs the cost of a brolly sheet (one of those mattress protectors for kids). I would hate to think how much I spent over the years. Mabey give one of their sheets a try if you are worried about a wet mattress?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now