difference between EC and potty training??

(4 Posts)

Depends how much you mind having wee all over your floor I guess! I don't mind clearing it up and dS spends most of his day in the garden if we are at home and pretty much spends all day naked as its so hot. I don't see a problem with it, I don't make a fuss when he wees at all just say "oh it's a wee wee, well done, can you wee wee in the potty?" Sometimes I sit him on the potty and try to distract him with a book, but he just sits there doesn't wee! I'm just trying to make a connection really and let him see that when he gets the sensation of weeing , he can see what he is doing. He stares down at it so he knows what he's doing. I see that as the advantage of being nappy free. Good luck!

Thanks for the reply moresnowplease

I did a search on google and got some information. Im not sure if dd is ready for potty training just yet but wondered if there was anything wrong with leaving her nappy free for half an hour or so a day (with a potty nearby and see what she does) any mess and i'll just have to deal with it.

She doesnt get any nappy free time now apart from in the bath : (

I think its about recognising signals from a younger baby. So people do it from newborn and the baby learns to associate the signals with going to the toilet. With normal potty training you can usually communicate with your LO by talking as they are older?

I could be wrong though, we started using a potty with DS when he turned 1, he's 13mo now and will gp and find and sit on the potty when I tell him to but hasn't managed to do anything in it yet! He also knows when he is doing a wee or poo but hasn't connected that with the potty yet, I guess if we had started earlier then he would connect the two basically?

Please can someone explain the difference between elimination communication and actual potty training?

DD is 15 months and squats for wees and poos. She also gets her mat out for me to change her nappy and understands what 'poo poo' is.

She also thoroughly enjoys her nappy free time after bath time!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now