Help with 3 year old potty training...new baby coming, stubborn toddler.

(2 Posts)
MtnBikeChick Sat 27-Jul-13 08:32:50

My son is 3 in a week. He is very aware of his bodily functions but absolutely refuses to wear pants. I think this goes back to a weekend about 4 months ago when we tried potty training. He did fine for two days, then went to nursery and regressed - got VERY angry every time they took him to the loo (the nursery were doing great - taking him regularly, etc) - mainly because he was being distracted from his play. I think he now associates it with that and will not entertain the idea of no nappy. I am having another baby in 3 months and was hoping to have him out of nappies by then - but it is looking increasingly unlikely now. I feel like he is too old for nappies! Help, advice, anyone?

Vakant Sat 27-Jul-13 08:37:41

He is not too old for nappies! It's best to wait until he's ready, it will happen much quicker and with less hiccups if he's ready. I understand why you want him out of nappies before your next baby arrives, but it could be counterproductive to force the issue.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now