My DS (5yrs) with SN just did a poo in the loo! I am excessively excited :)

(10 Posts)
JKSLtd Fri 26-Jul-13 15:29:17

Decided to put him & dd (2) in pants today and see what happened, timer every 20mins for a sit on the loo, sticker & a choc button.
All in pants until just how he pooed sat on the toilet!!grin

More luck of timing than planning but still.

Needed to share as am home alone with the 2 of them an they've already realised I'm crazy with my singing & dancing reaction grin

SJisontheway Fri 26-Jul-13 15:35:00

That's fantastic. I have a 7 year old who I can't convince to sit on the toilet. Great to hear a success story. Well done your ds!

JKSLtd Fri 26-Jul-13 16:08:50

He has been so scared of it for ages.

First perched on the edge, then persuaded him to 'wriggle back', then only yesterday got him to sit on the downstairs loo for the first time.

He's loving the bribery rewards of Thomas stickers and choc buttons. He gets 5 of each for any success, just 1 of each for each sit.

The last sit he managed to squeeze (sorry if tmi!) a little more poo out for another 5, cheeky sod.

I've been keeping track and I know he's due another wee so hoping we can catch it for more rewards.

DD, who I thought would get it quicker so far must be holding for Britain! (though I did put her in a pullup for her nap which was cheating I know)

bulletpoint Fri 26-Jul-13 16:10:52

That is very good news indeed! Congratulations.

JKSLtd Sat 27-Jul-13 07:34:36

Thanks smile

Now for Day 2 ...

Shesparkles Sat 27-Jul-13 07:39:25

Hope day 2 goes well, tut well done your ds for such a big achievement, I'd be grinning like a loon too grin

That's brilliant, well done to your DS grin

superbagpuss Sat 27-Jul-13 08:27:06

well done to your son grin.

JKSLtd Sat 27-Jul-13 11:54:55

No actual 'hits' so far today, but, he went to his mini-footie in pants and had no accidents grin

He wouldn't sit on a strange toilet in the sports centre but did stand and try for a wee (advantage of being male) smile

JKSLtd Sun 28-Jul-13 17:07:05

No success yesterday but a wee in the loo today grin

And he's really understanding the language, system, etc. I very impressed with him.smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now