Just put 'big boy pants' on ds...

(4 Posts)
Filimou Sun 21-Jul-13 15:11:14

DS is 2.6 and for a while has been telling us he wants to go toilet for a while. He will sit and then pretty much straight away say 'I finished' and want to wipe/flush/wash his hands, so suspect he may just like playing....
However,the last few times he has done it when I've got his nappy off its warm like he's just been.
Have decided to try him in pants today so he can hopefully get there quicker/get the feeling of being wet after he's been (apparently I've to do that....). I just feel like I'm wandering in the dark and not really sure if I'm doing the right thing?
I am essentially sitting here waiting for the inevitable mess after he's weed....

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 21-Jul-13 16:50:19

any joy?

we started training dd2 (2.9) today
so far we've had I think 5 or 6 wees on the potty, and three on the carpet.

with dd1 it took a good few days of mopping up accidents for things to click, but after that it was fairly painless, so I'm hoping for the same.

juneau Sun 21-Jul-13 17:27:28

Day one for DS2 (2.2) yesterday. He announced 'Pants!' when he got up and has refused anything else ever since, so we've decided to just go with it (so much easier to decide that with a second child).

So far we've had two big wees on the floor and a poo yesterday on the doormat (ewwww!), but today we got a poo in the potty (only just!), but I'm very impressed with the little guy and his big brother has been great - emptying potties and asking DS2 'Do you need a wee?' regularly. Bless him.

CharlotteBronteSaurus Sun 21-Jul-13 17:29:41

we just had a rogue poo in the ginnel - dd2 was legging it towards the potty, which she'd left in the garden, but didn't make it. poor thing was distraught.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now