Does this sound like DD might be ready to try potty training?

(5 Posts)
piprabbit Mon 22-Jul-13 17:36:11

Well done miniCheese grin.

CheeseFondueRocks Mon 22-Jul-13 17:27:08

Ok, we got a potty and DD really enjoys sitting on it.

Anyway, she was just "helping" DH in the kitchen, nappyless, when she wanders off into the living room, sits on her potty, does a pee in it and gets back up!

I'm very surprised and very happy.

Yes, I think DD also has a dry nappy at night and only pees into it first thing in the morning.

bellablot Sun 21-Jul-13 20:02:09

You could definitely try having a potty lying around, she'll explore at first and maybe you have to show her what its for - always fun wink then once she's done that first pee, there's no going back. Commit yourself 100%, work with her, pick up the signs and follow her lead, you'll get there.

Good luck! grin

piprabbit Sun 21-Jul-13 19:46:01

My DD was 18 months old when she was potty trained (thanks to my lovely mum for helping), so I think you could try her with a potty, maybe put it in the corner to start with.
My DD was dry at night first, we realised that her very heavy night time nappy was actually being filled with the first wee of the day - so we worked on getting her on the potty as soon as she woke up and she soon got the hang of it.

You won't traumatise her if you go very gently and follow her lead. If she isn't ready, leave it a bit and try again later.

CheeseFondueRocks Sat 20-Jul-13 20:46:15

First of all, I don't mind if she's not ready yet, she's only 17 months so we eon't force anything but lately I've been wondering whether we should buy a potty and have a go.

I'm not sure about pee but whenever she does a poo, she goes into a corner, fills her nappy and then 80% of the time comes to us, pulls at her nappy and says "Poo poo". Sometimes she gets her changing mat and lies down on it.

The going into a corner before a poo means that she is aware one is on her way, doesn't it?

I really don't want to get this wrong and traumatise her by trying to train her too early.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now