refusal to use the potty

(9 Posts)
Piula Sat 13-Jul-13 00:41:18

I had encouraged my 23 month old to use the potty before her bath and she was doing a wee most times now she's decided not to use the potty but instead wee inside her bath! I haven't started yet potty training only showing her what a potty is for, telling her when I go to my 'big potty' and so on but like this don't know what to do. Help!

iamsoi Mon 15-Jul-13 13:06:45

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

DuelingFanjo Mon 15-Jul-13 13:24:18

iamsoi - you have posted several times today about this app. I believe that mumsnet has a policy about advertising for free so I am reporting your posts.

Piula Thu 18-Jul-13 23:18:51

a bit depressed as nobody answered me...just someone breaking the rules. Great!

DuelingFanjo Fri 19-Jul-13 04:16:33

My son always prefers to pee in the bath, we've been potty training for ages and ir's Ben a really slow process. I wouldn't worry, she is still young. Loads of people tell me my ds is too young (2 years 7 months) and I wish we'd waited a bit longer.

Piula Sat 20-Jul-13 06:23:40

Thanks! I suppose I am more keen than her to get rid of the nappies! They say summer it's the best time to do that but if she ain't ready...

BeenieBaby Sat 20-Jul-13 06:36:22

We tried when ds was 24m n he wasn't ready. He's now 27m and we tried again and it's going really well. We had a day of potty refusal and I found that if I bak off with the pressure he lost his aversion to it. Just relax about the whole thing, including a accidents, and don't keep asking every 5 mins if they need the potty (which is what I was doing!) I now wait for the signs he needs a wee/poo and suggest we go and he goes immediately. It's becoming really painless!

chickensaladagain Sat 20-Jul-13 06:40:44

We tried at 22 months, not ready

28 months and obviously ready but refused the potty -quite happy to sit on the toilet though and we were done day and night in 3 days

Piula Mon 29-Jul-13 23:06:38

Thanks all! I'll wait then, specially when baby number 2 is on his/her way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now