Panics about poos

(3 Posts)
wispol Thu 27-Jun-13 22:01:18

Been potty training my little girl for about 3 weeks. Great at doing wees no accidents and practically dry at night. Problem is she panics when she wants a poo and really doesn't like doing them. She either holds them in completely or seems to do them in her knickers. Worried she is going to make her self uncomfortable and constipated and have tried all the usual praise and rewards so not sure what next. Any tips?

EugenesAxe Thu 27-Jun-13 22:22:02

I used stories and songs to make doing a poo on the loo exciting and fun. DS pooed in his pants for a couple of weeks before cracking it; it will hopefully just be a phase.

EugenesAxe Thu 27-Jun-13 22:29:30

PS. I've heard many cool (specific) ideas from other MNers in relation to parenting troubles I've had and tried to use them myself, but none have ever translated with my own DCs in the same way as spontaneous things I've thought up have. So I won't give you specifics unless you really want to know. All my songs have been altered lyrics of nursery rhymes, so I cheat!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now